Director of Facility Accounting
Posted on: February 13, 2020
Position Announcement- Director of Facility AccountingPEORIA
CIVIC CENTER/ASM GlobalPeoria, IllinoisPOSITION: Director of
Facility AccountingDEPARTMENT: FinanceREPORTS TO: General
ManagerFLSA STATUS: ExemptSummaryASM Global, the leader in
privately managed public assembly facilities, has an excellent and
immediate opening for a Finance Director for ASM Global/Peoria
Civic Center. The Director of Facility Accounting assists in the
development and implementation of company goals and priorities
relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing,
and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and ASM
Global policies and procedures.Major ResponsibilitiesInclude the
following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Assists in the development and implementation of facility goals
and priorities relating to financial management, budget,
accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and
Federal law, and ASM GLOBAL policies and procedures.
- Monitors ASM GLOBAL compliance with all provisions of the
- Maintains contact with ASM GLOBAL's risk management department
and insurance broker for coordination of appropriate coverage.
- Reviews all contracts for client, events, subcontractors, food
and beverage or concessionaires.
- Reviews and/or prepares event settlements.
- Reviews and executes all checks and deposits; reviews daily
cash receipts and disbursements.
- Monitors and projects daily cash flow; invests excess cash as
- Reviews all purchasing of capital assets, office supplies and
- Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
- Prepare financial statements for the Client and ASM GLOBAL
Corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly
statements, annual budget and annual report.
- Direct the installation and maintenance of accounting records
to show receipts and expenditures.
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers,
accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost,
property, and operating expenses, and insurance records.
- Analyze financial performance and cost analyses for all
departments; prepares monthly financial statements, recommends
appropriate actions/changes in order to meet business goals.
- Prepare statements and reports of estimated future costs and
- Direct internal audits involving review of accounting and
- Coordinate preparation of Client or external audit materials
and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as
- Coordinates year-end report of fiscal performance for the
General Manager's report.
- Directs the installation and maintenance of any new accounting,
timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related
procedures and controls.
- Reviews financial statements with management personnel.
- Authority board and committee attendance.Supervisory
ResponsibilitiesResponsible for the overall direction,
coordination, and evaluation of the finance department. Directly
supervises the Finance Department employees. Carries out
supervisory responsibilities in accordance with ASM GLOBAL's
policies and applicable laws.QualificationsTo perform this job
successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential
duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Education and
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or
- At least 5 to 7 years' experience in public accounting and/or
financial managementSkills and Abilities
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent math skills; high aptitude for figures
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential
information is required.
- Strong supervisory skillsComputer Skills
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and
word processing software.
- Experience with ADP or similar payroll systems
desirable.Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- CPA is preferred.Other Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with
all levels of staff including management.
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions
and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays. Ability to
prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.
- Must have professional attitude and appearancePhysical
DemandsThe physical demands described here are representative of
those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision for review of statistical and other financial
records and information.NoteThe essential responsibilities of this
position are described under the headings above. They may be
subject to change at any time due to reasonable accommodation or
other reasons. Also, this document in no way states or implies that
these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying
this position.To ApplyThis position offers a competitive salary and
benefit package. Resumes must include salary requirements for
consideration and a cover letter. Please apply to the link
GLOBAL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, and
encourages Women, Minorities, Individuals with Disabilities, and
protected Veterans to apply. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.Equal
Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: SMG, Peoria , Director of Facility Accounting, Accounting, Auditing , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!