Senior Software Engineer
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Senior Software Engineer
Systems & Software - Remote
As a Senior Software Engineer for Systems & Software, you will be
placed into a small Agile Development team. Your primary
responsibilities in this role will include new feature
implementation, troubleshooting bug fixes, new quotes, and support
complex technical systems (where you will play an important role in
helping design, build, test and deploy our products). You will work
with other members on your team to support our current product
lines and build out the future of our product. You will have access
to the latest tools, hardware, and some of the brightest software
engineers in this area.
What your impact will be:
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Facilitate thorough root cause testing/research on major
findings and ensure appropriate corrective and preventive actions
are developed and implemented in a timely manner
- Implement product designs by programming in a variety of
languages and using a variety of technologies
- Produce accurate effort estimates for large- and small-scale
tasks, and work with Development Team Lead to track development
progress and timelines
- Complete software development tasks- bug fixes, customer-
driven feature development, product enhancements.
- Collaborate with the R&D team on development methodology,
processes, and associated tools
- Assist Support and Professional Services with design reviews
and escalated issues
- Work with QA, promote best practices to ensure a high level of
quality within the team
- Manage code reviews and closely participate in providing
feedback on others' designs/code.
- Identify when junior engineers need help and providing it in a
positive way that promotes confidence.
What we are looking for:
- B.S. in Computer Science or Computer Information Systems or
equivalent work experience.
- 7 + year as a Full Stack software developer working with some
or all of the following technologies: Front End technologies
Technologies (Java, Python, Procedural SQL, SOA & MVC
- Solid experience delivering highly scalable web
- Ability to debug large components with limited assistance and
assists other engineers
- Proven Unix/Linux knowledge /background
- Proven experience with Oracle and PL/SQL or MS SQL Server and
- Experience building cloud-based architectures
- Experience with Web Services (REST, SOAP, JSON, and MultiSpeak)
- Ability to design and develop well-structured, custom
application software following such principles as object-oriented
design and service oriented architecture
- Possess an excellent work ethic, high level of initiative,
aptitude and energy in order to succeed in a fast-paced
- Exhibit passion, focus, desire, and motivation is more
important than the precise technical skills sets you possess
- Effectively worked with all levels of management across the
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and effectively communicates
well with both internal and external resources
- Has mindset and desire to embrace learning,--working well
within a team or unsupervised
- A candidate with knowledge in accounting or water / electric
utilities is a plus
About Us - Systems & Software
We are an agile development organization, utilizing Kanban on the
support side and Scrum for our development teams. We use industry
standard software development tools such as Jira, Git, Docker,
Slack, and Confluence to manage our iterative design, build, test,
and deploy process. Posted 21 Days Ago Full time R0010218 About Us
Harris provides mission critical software solutions for the Public
Sector, Healthcare, Utilities and Private Sector verticals
throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia.
Working for Harris is the perfect opportunity to fulfill your
professional goals as well as achieve your personal dreams!
Our employees enjoy a casual work environment that offers comfort
while providing superior service to our customers. We offer a
comprehensive benefit package as well as other additional "Perks"!
- We empower our employees to make a difference
- We have an award winning culture
- We offer opportunity to learn
- We are financially strong and we are owned by the largest
software company in Canada (CSI)
- We have fun!
Follow us on social media to learn more about our company values,
culture and initiatives! Harris is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action Employer. We consider applicants without regard to race,
color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender,
gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital
status, veteran status, disability, genetic information,
citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by
federal, state or local law. If you would like to contact us
regarding the accessibility of our website or need assistance
completing the application process, please contact us at
(1)-613-226-5511 or at HarrisTalentAcquisition@harriscomputer.com .
This contact information is for accommodation requests only and
cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
Keywords: MediSolution, Peoria , Senior Software Engineer, Accounting, Auditing , Vermont, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!