Business Office Manager
Company: Aperion Care Peoria Heights
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Aperion Care Peoria Heights - SUMMARY: The primary purpose of
this job position is to assist in the day-to-day accounting
functions of the facility in accordance with current acceptable
accounting and cost reimbursement principles relating to nursing
facility operations, and as may be directed by the Administrator,
Director of Finance, or Accountant.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND
- Assist in implementing the day-to-day functions of the
- Implement written policies and procedures that govern the
accounting functions of the facility.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be
- Forward invoices to appropriate department personnel for
approval for payment.
- Communicate with supplier/vendors concerning errors or
questions on invoices.
- Maintain a file of copies of all charge slips, debits, credits,
etc., issued to each resident.
- Monitor and collect accounts receivables. Report delinquent
accounts to the Accountant/Director of Finance/Administrator.
- Assist in balancing accounts receivable by running tapes,
verifying computer printouts, etc.
- Assist in preparing monthly financial statements to include
preparing monthly balance sheet, income and expense reports, etc.,
- Prepare and mail statements.
- Make written and oral reports/recommendations to the Accountant
concerning accounting functions.
- Assist in reconciling bank statements as directed.
- Assist in preparing trial balances as directed.
- Assist in preparing financial and statistical reports as
- Perform functions of computer/data processor as necessary.
- Develop and utilize computer reports and output.
- Ensure that resident admission contracts are signed and
- Follow established resident fund accounting procedures. Provide
each resident with a quarterly accounting of his/her funds managed
by the facility.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of changes in our
accounting system as necessary or directed.
- Perform secretarial functions as necessary or directed.
- Attend and participate in workshops, seminars, etc., to keep
abreast of current changes in the long-term care field, as well as
to maintain a professional status.
- Attend and participate in facility mandatory in-service
training program as scheduled (e.g., OSHA, TB, HIPAA, Abuse
- Request repairs for office equipment as necessary.
- Maintain the confidentiality of all resident care information
including protected health information. Report known or suspected
incidents of unauthorized disclosure of such information.
- Ensure that residents rights to fair and equitable treatment,
self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil
rights, including the right to wage complaints, are well
established and maintained at all times.QUALIFICATIONS:
- Must possess, as a minimum, a high-school diploma or its
- Must have, as a minimum, three (3) years experience in
bookkeeping or accounting practices.
- Must have experience with Medicaid and Medicare. PHYSICAL
DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Must be able to move intermittently throughout the
- Must be able to speak and write the English language in an
- Must be able to push, pull, move, and/or lift a minimum of 25
pounds to a minimum height of 5 feet and be able to push, pull,
move, and/or carry such weight a minimum of 50 feet.
- May be necessary to assist in the evacuation of residents
during emergency situations.
Keywords: Aperion Care Peoria Heights, Peoria , Business Office Manager, Accounting, Auditing , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!