Medical Office Assistant or CMA
Company: Hopedale Medical Complex
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionCome work for a hospital that feels like
family!Join our team where you are not just a number but a part of
a family of dedicated professionals. Care, compassion, and
excellence comes from all departments at Hopedale Medical Complex.
We believe a person's optimum health and wellness can only be
provided when followed closely by highly trained and skilled
physicians and staff who truly know their patients, and where
top-quality care is the standard - not the exception. We offer
advanced healthcare delivered in a peaceful rural setting is not
only less hectic for the patient and family - it can many times be
more effective. HMC includes a 25-bed acute care hospital, 59-bed
nursing home, 70-bed assisted and independent living facility,
34,000 square foot Wellness Center, the Midwest Vascular Institute,
and four satellite doctor's offices in area towns. Hopedale Medical
Complex offers virtually the same services as many larger, city
hospitals, including: a 24-hour emergency room, Intensive Care Unit
(ICU), general and vascular surgery departments, orthopedic
surgery, physical therapy and rehabilitation services, sports
medicine, mammography, open magnetic imaging resonance (MRI),
computed tomography scanning (CT), and many of the new innovative
technologies needed for modern medicine. Hopedale Medical Complex
(HMC), designated a 5-Star Hospital by the Centers for Medicare &
Medicaid Services, is seeking qualified, compassionate ER Nurses to
join our outstanding team of professionals and become part of a
family with a 60+ year tradition of excellence.Job PreviewThe
Medical Office Assistant or Medical Assistant provides direct
nursing care to patients under the supervision and direction of a
physician, nurse, and/or the Practice Manager, while always
maintaining a professional and courteous manner. The MOA or CMA
assists in other areas of the medical office, specialty clinics,
and satellite offices when needed.Responsibilities
- Prepare visit sheets and paperwork for patient appointments,
verifying that all necessary materials/documents are ready prior to
- Greet patients by name while respecting HIPAA, and transport to
nursing exam room. Obtain and document vital signs, patient
history, current medications, and chief complaint.
- Remain available to assist physician with examinations and
procedures as requested providing necessary equipment and
- Complete documentation in a timely, professional, and accurate
- Complete diagnostic imaging and laboratory requisitions
accurately, indicating approved diagnosis for each test
- Perform required clinical competencies on indicated
- Provide and document patient education including medication
- Notify patient of test result and physician comment/instruction
once reviewed and approved.
- Answer incoming telephone calls in a professional manner,
identifying self with name, job title and location. Identify calls
that require a nurse and refer appropriately.
- Transport patients to ancillary departments as needed.
- Schedule referral appointments for patients as ordered.
- Assist with filing of labs, x-rays, dictation and other reports
in patient charts or sort for scanner input.
- Cross train as Receptionist for Medical Arts/Satellite
- Assist consulting specialty physicians (Cardiology, Urology,
Orthopedic, Spine, etc.) and their staff.
- Check and stock physician and nursing exam rooms daily.
- Fill out stock requisition forms to order supplies from the
- Check physician's desk for completed charts and papers and
return them to the nursing office for sorting and processing.
- Check sample medications monthly and destroy outdated
medications. Keep samples organized.
- Assist with cleaning Medical Arts/Satellite offices. Maintain
high level of infection control awareness.
- Sort and review all incoming lab/outpatient test results and
direct to the appropriate physician for review.
- Cold sterilize contaminated instruments. Return and collect
equipment from surgery.
- Maintain high standards of patient confidentiality, observing
- Work well with other staff members maintaining a clean, safe
work environment for all employees and patients.
- Assist in departmental quality improvement projects providing
necessary clinical data.
- Perform other related work as required or
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- CPR (BLS) certification is required or must be able to become
certified upon hire.
- License/Certification/Registration as Medical Office Assistant
- Flexibility to work in any of the satellite offices is
- Venipuncture experience is preferred.
- Must be available to work Saturday mornings.Physical Demands
- Work requires ability to lift and carry objects weighing up to
50 pounds daily.
- Work requires ability to use hands to finger, handle or feel
objects, tools, or controls.
- Work requires ability to stand, walk and kneel.
- Work requires ability to stoop and bend, reach and grab with
arms and hands, have manual dexterity and color vision and
communicate with other people.
- Work requires ability to use a keyboard (typewriter, work
processor or computer) to enter and transform information or data
- Work requires the ability for close vision, distance vision,
color vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work requires ability to push and/or pull wheelchairs or
Keywords: Hopedale Medical Complex, Peoria , Medical Office Assistant or CMA, Administration, Clerical , Hopedale, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!