Company: First Student
Posted on: August 8, 2022
First Student is now hiring a Diesel Mechanic for our shop
serving Galesburg!First thingsFirst: Who are we?Twice the size of
our next largest competitor,First Studentis the leading school
transportation solutions provider in North America. Every day, we
complete 5 million student journeys, moving more passengers than
all U.S. airlines combined. With a team of highly trained drivers
and the industrys strongest safety record, First Student delivers
reliable, quality services to 1,100 school districts.Why join First
as a Diesel Mechanic?
- $20-24 per hour based on experience and qualifications (NOT
- An additional $.10 per hour for each ASE certification you
possess or obtain
- Company-paid ASE testing and training materials
- 1st shift Monday-Friday full-time shift schedule and
consistent, year-round work
- Tremendous career advancement opportunities
- Benefits including medical, dental, vision, & 401(k)
- Paid holidays & vacation
- Annual allowances for boots and prescription safety
- State-of-the-art training programs
- Discounts on cell phone plans, cars, and more through the Perk
Spot program!About the Diesel Mechanic PositionAsa Diesel Mechanic
with First Student, you will help maintain and repair
Freightliner/Thomas school buses to ensure vehicle readiness &
safety, while providing guidance to lower-level technicians. Other
major job duties include:
- Perform preventative maintenance (PMs), safety inspections, and
annual DOT maintenance inspections.
- Diagnose and perform all phases of vehicle and equipment repair
including brakes, suspensions, drivetrains, & transmissions.
- Ensure work orders are completed accurately.
- Assist with mobile emergency services.Diesel Technician
- Valid drivers license required; Willingness to obtain CDL while
employed We train!
- At least 3 years of automotive or diesel maintenance & repair
experience or technical school education
- Possess a mechanics tool set
- Willingness to participate in ASE certification program.
Training, testing, and bonuses provided!
- Subject to a drug test.Get your career on the road with
FirstStudent!We aspire to have a culture where all people are
First. We strive to attract and retain a diverse workforce
therefore all qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or
veteran status. First is also committed to providing a drug-free
workplace. For candidates applying to positions in San Francisco or
Los Angeles California, First will consider for employment
qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with the
requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance or Los
Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance. First is an equal opportunity
employer and by doing so we will sustain and promote an inclusive
culture that supports future growth for all.Required
Keywords: First Student, Peoria , Diesel Mechanic, Engineering , Galesburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!