Plant Engineer (Annawan, IL)
Company: CHS Inc
Posted on: September 24, 2022
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers,
ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides
grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around
the world. - We serve agriculture customers and consumers across
the United States and around the world. - Most of our 10,000
employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in
19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower
agriculture.SummaryCHS has an exciting opportunity within our
Global Grain and Processing business unit located in Annawan, IL.
We are looking for a Plant Engineer to plan, provide and implement
engineering technology and supervision on all assigned plant
projects and problems. You must be a self-starter, organized, and
detail oriented with excellent communication skills, both verbal
and written. You must be able to work well independently and assess
problems to find effective solutions. ResponsibilitiesProcess
- Plan assigned design and/or development projects by preparing
engineering documents, calculations, drawings, material lists,
construction schedules, operating instructions, and integrating
plant controls and automation with emphasis on achieving optimum
processing efficiency, reducing energy and material costs, and
adhering to safety requirements.
- Assure the necessary research and proper evaluation secures the
most cost-effective repairs/improvements and results in maximum
efficiency. -Project Management
- Projects will typically be less than $1 million.
- Provide project management support and supervision to
construction crews and organize each step of the construction
- Initiate purchase requisitions and select equipment for
projects and maintenance.
- Coordinate the communication involving projects with the
supervisor, engineering team, facility department managers, and
outside consulting agencies to maintain understanding of
- Champion safety on projects both during initial design as well
as during construction.
- Report all safety/environmental violations as required to site
- Follow company quality systems and implement food and feed
safety in all projects.
- Work with the engineering group as needed on larger projects.
- Troubleshoot and assist with production issues as
- Provide technical support for plant utilities systems including
steam/boiler, cooling, electrical, etc.
- Participate as assigned in plant maintenance shutdown
- Maintain accurate documentation on repairs/improvements and
equipment to assure proper capitalization, depreciation, and
- Champion continuous improvement and Lean initiatives.
- Participate and develop best practices on areas of subject
- Attend all team, safety, and company meetings.
- Have a dedicated focus on training and personal
- Required to perform other duties as may be reasonably
assigned.Minimum Qualifications (required)
- Bachelor's Degree in Chemical, Mechanical, Agricultural, Civil
or Biosystems Engineering
- 0-1+ years of experience in plant, process, or project
engineering in a food commodity processing environmentAdditional
- Knowledge of plant construction and be able to effectively
manage small of medium sized projects
- Knowledge of plant production
- PMP Training or Certification
- Passed state Fundamentals of Engineering exam
- Lean training or certification
- Experience with contracts, budgets, and compliance
- Experience with design/build contractsPhysical Requirements
- Work may be required on weekends and holidays as
- Occasional travel may be requiredCHS offers a competitive total
compensation package. Benefits include Health, Dental, Vision,
Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid
Vacation, 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and
Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption
assistance.CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Keywords: CHS Inc, Peoria , Plant Engineer (Annawan, IL), Engineering , Bradford, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!