Company: Ameren Services Company
Posted on: January 23, 2023
If end date is listed, the posting will come down at 12:00 am on
that date:Monday January 23, 2023Job DescriptionAbout The
Position:The Engineer performs system planning and circuit analysis
of distribution circuits 15kv and below and develops remediation
plans as needed; performs project engineering and project
management duties in order to complete plans, designs, cost
estimates, and construction of electric distribution facilities
69kv and below with emphasis on safety, reliability, cost
effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.Key responsibilities
- Plan, design, cost estimate, budget and manage projects related
to new business, reliability, government highway or local road
projects, system growth, and essential maintenance for the electric
- Provide engineering assistance and technical support to field
engineering representatives and otherRegion personnel. Perform
power quality/trouble shooting analysis for customers'
- Meet with residential and commercial customers, architects,
contractors, and other appropriate contacts to determine actions
needed to fulfill customers' requests. Provide customers with
information regarding rates, lighting, wiring, NEC, and NESC code
interpretations, and other service requirements and needs.
- Perform engineering and design of electric or modifications in
response to customer service requests, including: determining the
impact of additional loads on the existing electric distribution
system; securing of permits and rights-of-way; and performing
- Prepare load analysis for electric distribution substations and
feeders and develop remediation plans for facilities that warrant
- Perform work within various company computer systems, such as
DOJM, MV90, EADMS, CSS, SYNERGI, Load Analysis, OAS and Byers.
- Work withregion team members to enhance safety, reliability,
cost effectiveness, and customer satisfaction.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of department
andregion goals. Identify and implement improvements in processes
and operations to control costs and improve productivity.
- Emergency call-out for storm restoration.Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Electrical Engineering from an
accredited college or university required.
- Completion of power-related courses in college is
- E.I.T. (Engineer-in-Training) certification or P.E.
(Professional Engineer) registration preferred.
- Electrical engineering and project management experience
preferred, but will consider recent graduates.In addition to the
above qualifications, the successful candidate will
demonstrate:Must be self-starter with attention to detail and
possess problem-solving, decision-making, communication, and human
relation skills. Must have good analytical skills, and advanced
computer skills. Must be adaptable and flexible, ability to work
effectively as part of a team and also independently.Additional
Information:Ameren's selection process includes a series of
interviews and may include a leadership assessment process.
Specific details will be provided to qualified
candidates.Incumbents currently in the existing or similar career
path will be considered only as lateral transfers.All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability or
protected veteran status.All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, genetic
information, military service or status, pregnancy, marital status,
sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other
class, trait, or status protected by law.
Keywords: Ameren Services Company, Peoria , Engineer, Engineering , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!