Maintenance Technician (Standby)
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Live where you work for free!!! No commuting expenses or dealing
with rush hour traffic! No rent and minimal utility expenses!
Timberbrook Apartments is currently seeking an experienced,
outgoing and friendly Maintenance Technician!
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintaining and
repairingthe physical assets of the apartment buildings. The right
candidatemust possess the ability tocomplete emergency service
requests at an apartment communityimmediately,and
allstandardservice requests within 24-hours, excluding
This particular Maintenance Technician must live on-site in a
company-provided apartment, in return for being available to
respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotating basis.This
position requires the ability to complete all work orders assigned
according to company policies and procedures.
Maintenance Techniciansare required to have an understandingof
hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination,
hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. We are
looking forteam playerswho are friendly,skilled,diligent, and
Additional job responsibilities:
- Evaluate and resolvework ordersaccording to company quality
- Successfully perform plumbing tasks including pipe fitting,
shut offs, sink replacements, faucet installations, garbage
disposal installations, and repairs.
- Troubleshoot, diagnose, and solve air conditioner and furnace
- Troubleshoot and diagnose appliance repairs.
- Deliver quality carpentry work including replacing doors,
doorjambs, drywall, trim, interior/exterior caulking, and step
- Perform electrical repairs including switches, outlets, and
- Repair ceramic tile to include flooring and tub
- Perform window installations.
- Monitor inventory of themost commonly usedparts to ensure
- Must present the ability toexecute jobdutiesunder
stressfulcircumstancessuch as last-minute deadlines or other
- Exhibit a positiveand respectfuldisposition while interacting
with residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Ensure compliance with fair housing regulations, OSHA and
company policies and procedures.
- Troubleshoot ancillary repairs(if applicable, based on
- Responsible for snow/ice removal (if applicable, based on
- Maintain the company vehicle, and vehicle inspection report (if
applicable, based on location).
- Monitor grounds condition and participate in daily grounds
activities (if applicable, based on location).
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property maintenance is
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and
OSHA regulations(includingstate-specific)is preferred.
- CPO Certification and pool chemistry and maintenance skills are
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and
- Must provide basic tools.
- Must havean acceptable driving record anda valid driver's
This position requires you to enter occupied units; Employees are
required to be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory
background and driving record check to be performed on all
applicants being seriously considered.
We offer our full-time employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Rent free apartment home
Compensation: Starting at $20.05 per hour or higher, based on
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek
diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and
advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Peoria , Maintenance Technician (Standby), Engineering , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!