Lead Engineer - PLC project platform
Posted on: November 10, 2018
A Lead Engineer focused on PLC project platforms is currently available at Belcan. This job is a full-time direct position with benefits working at a Belcan Office (Peoria, IL, Lexington, KY, Cincinnati, OH, etc.) or customer location (Orlando, FL). To be considered for this role, you will need a Bachelor---s degree in an engineering field and minimum five years of experience with heavy PLC platform usage. In this job, you will have the opportunity to grow and shape teams as they relate to a potential diverse range of customers and projects ranging from factory automation to theme park motion controls. There will be potential to travel for the position, pending customers and work location.
Lead Engineer job duties:
- Work with a variety of customers and bring technical experience and perspectives.
- Provide technical work definition with customers including requirements definition, system design, hardware selection, software design & development, installation, and validation.
- Provide technical detail to team and customers.
- Step into a technical leadership role in mentoring and growing a team.
- 20-40% travel...with potentially more, pending on Belcan office location. Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a relevant field is strongly preferred.
- 5-10 years of experience working in a field with heavy PLC platform usage.
- Mechanically inclination with hands-on experience with machinery.
- Experience with Allen-Bradley (preferred), Siemens, or other PLC platforms (both hardware and software).
- Strong communication and organization abilities.
- Experience with design, specification, implementation, testing, and commissioning of industrial systems.
- Experience with data collection, analysis, and reporting in the service of performance improvement or issue resolution.
- Experience with integrating new requirements/hardware with existing hardware/software as features grow.
- Ability to decompose complex problems into better defined work packages.
- Ability to estimate work package in complexity and effort.
- Ability to parse out work packages to and integrate results from other team members.
- Ability to manage and integrate complex set of requirements, hardware, and software..
- Ability to manage external vendors, electrical contracting, etc. to schedule.
- Experience in safety-critical industries preferred.
- Preferred experience with Agile (any flavor) development process.
- Preferred experience with workflow / bug / issue / ticket management software.
- Preferred experience with schedule development and tracking. If you are interested in this Lead Engineer job, please apply via the ---apply now--- link provided. As an employee with Belcan Engineering, you will be part of one of the largest engineering firms in the United States. We maintain a small-company atmosphere as well as open communication at all levels of our organization, allowing for much more dynamic decision-making processes. We offer flexible schedules as well as an excellent mentoring system to ensure that you have all of the knowledge and tools you need to meet a diverse range of engineering challenges. You will also have opportunities to advance to positions of greater responsibility, including management roles. Your hard work and professional dedication will be rewarded with a competitive compensation package.
Belcan is an equal opportunity employer. EOE/M/F/D/V
Build a challenging and rewarding career with an industry leader!
Keywords: Belcan, Peoria , Lead Engineer - PLC project platform, Engineering , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!