Director of Family Ministries
Company: Morton United Methodist Church
Posted on: August 4, 2022
Director of Family Ministries
Accountable to Lead Pastor
The Director of Family Ministries will create and implement a
comprehensive family ministries structure that offers a
life-giving, safe, and fun environment for children, youth, and
families to grow in their faith in Jesus Christ. The Director of
Family Ministries will recruit, equip, and guide a ministry team of
staff and volunteers in providing high quality discipleship,
outreach, spiritual formation, leadership development, worship, and
mission opportunities for children, youth, and their families. The
Director of Family Ministries will work with the church leadership
and staff to develop a family ministry program that reflects our
mission and values.
* Recruit, equip, and lead adult volunteers to carry out the
children, youth, and family ministry programs of the church.
* Supervise Family Ministries Assistants, nursery staff, and
children and youth ministry volunteers.
* Represent Family Ministries as a part of the church staff,
Administrative Council, and in other areas of the church and
* Work with the Lead and Associate Pastors to develop a
womb-to-tomb discipleship strategy.
* Plan, oversee, coordinate, and manage ministry programs for
children and youth from Pre-K through 12th grade both during the
school year and summer.
* Develop new programs for parents (particularly mothers of young
children), and seek to find ways to grow these programs, the
connections between participants, and their faith development.
* Equip families with resources and education to help them become
actively and intentionally involved in the spiritual formation and
discipleship of their families.
* Promote service and outreach through age-appropriate service
* In collaboration with the Lead Pastor, provide pastoral support
and care for children, youth, and their families.
* Manage communication with children, youth, families, and the
congregation using the various communication tools available.
* Coordinate schedules and volunteers. Screen and ensure volunteers
follow Safe Gathering protocols.
* Develop and oversee budgets for the children's, youth, and family
* Manage the children and youth spaces of the church, ensuring they
are safe, clean and presentable for shared use.
* Ability to record and produce videos for worship and for the
programs of the church.
*Necessary Attributes: *
A mature Christian faith, a demonstrable knowledge of Scripture,
and an ability to think theologically are required, as well as the
* Maintain a healthy and growing spiritual life and lead other
teachers and leaders to do the same.
* Relate easily to parents, children, youth, and church
* Administer various programs, including recruitment and
supervision of staff and volunteer leaders.
* Budgeting, effective planning, and clear communication.
* Climb stairs and lift approximately 35 pounds.
*Minimum Qualifications: *
* Associates Degree
* Bachelor's Degree in Education or Ministry preferred, and/or
relevant work experience.
* Demonstrated ability to manage a team of leaders, be a team
player, develop and oversee a
budget, and coordinate ministry with the church staff to achieve
the mission of the church. * Strong leadership and interpersonal
* Excellent planning abilities, including the ability to multi-task
and balance competing priorities as well as demonstrated ability to
execute well-organized programs and events.
* Effective communication skills with children, youth, and their
* Strong technological proficiency and social media skills.
*Additional Information: *
The position of Director of Family Ministries is a part-time,
salaried position, and the salary is based upon a projected 30
hours per week. The actual number of hours required during any
given week are those needed to fulfill the responsibilities of the
position. Furthermore, it is recognized that the schedule may vary
at different times of the year. Paid vacation, sick days, holidays
are included in employment per MUMC employee protocols.
*To Apply: *
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and contact information for
three professional references by July 31, 2022 for priority review.
Position will remain open until filled.
_Hiring is contingent upon obtaining satisfactory results from a
criminal background check._
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $22.00 - $25.00 per hour
* Flexible schedule
* Paid time off
* 8 hour shift
* After school
* Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
* Morton, IL 61550: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before
starting work (Required)
* Typing: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: One location
Keywords: Morton United Methodist Church, Peoria , Director of Family Ministries, Executive , Morton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!