Senior Manager Manufacturing Operations
Company: Natural Fiber Welding Inc
Posted on: November 23, 2022
Located in Peoria, Illinois, Natural Fiber Welding, Inc. (NFW)
produces a scalable and sustainable universe of peerless
high-performance materials created from abundant natural sources.
NFW is driven by an entrepreneurial spirit, innovative ideas, and
the desire to commercialize new products from nature and is
composed of a team of scientists, engineers, and business leaders
that are inspired to impact the world. We are looking for
exceptional talent who can contribute to our exciting and
fast-paced, rapidly growing organization. Come join our team as the
Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations!The Senior Manager,
Manufacturing Operations is a critical member of the NFW Operations
leadership team. Our team needs a motivated, organized, LEAN
focused Sr. Manager, Manufacturing Operations to lead Mirum
manufacturing into the future. The Senior Manager, Manufacturing
Operations is passionate about data, collaborative problem solving,
building LEAN systems, driving high performance across the
organization, implementing the NFW Production System, and providing
symmetry and productivity. The Senior Manager, Manufacturing
Operations builds effective leadership teams that embrace our
values and company mission and is able to create effective policies
and procedures to ensure assigned manufacturing facilities and
teams operate at peak efficiency, while creating an environment
that team members feel valued and empowered. Additionally, the
Senior Manager, Manufacturing Operations is flexible and
comfortable working within ambiguous situations, collaborating with
Senior Product Development Engineers and Scientists, and providing
hands-on support.Essential Job Functions:
- Lead and manage Production Managers across multiple shifts and
product manufacturing platforms.
- Work with Senior leadership to develop strategies and tactics
resulting in measurable improvements within manufacturing
- Build meaningful relationships across the enterprise that
support collaborative problem solving.
- Inspire confidence and creativity across the organization
through the development of a continuous improvement culture that
embraces thoughtful dialogue and open exchange of ideas, and
fact-based management decision making.
- Provide strategic input for supply planning within the S&OP
process, annual planning, and optimization.
- Identify engineered improvement opportunities, technology gaps,
and resource requirements to meet production programs and reduce
- Ensure all employees follow industry standard health and safety
- Pro-active leadership and participation within Change
Management, Project Management, and Facility Management (within
- Develops and manages operating and capital expenditure budgets
related to Manufacturing Operations within assigned location(s),
assuring adherence to annual targets.
- Develops and cascades annual strategic and performance
objectives as defined by Senior Leadership.
- Maintain shop-floor presence, active participation in the
manufacturing process and problem solving.
- Analyze and react to meaningful operations metrics through
implementation of appropriate corrective action and
- Act as the LEAN leader within the NFW Production System, having
full responsibility for the acceptance of, and day over day
compliance of operational performance within the Production
- Administer discipline and corrective action as required.
- Provides back-up for Production Managers as needed to assure
continuity of leadership throughout manufacturing operations.
- Embraces and promotes the core values of NFW, creating an
inclusive and collaborative work environment.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- A bachelor's degree in a related field and 8 years of directly
related work experience, with at least 6 years in a leadership
role, or an equitable combination of education and experience as
required to successfully perform the indicated tasks.
- Excellent project management skills
- Proven ability to build collaborative relationships to drive
- Proven track record of successfully training employees in
productivity and safety
- Working knowledge of OSHA and EPA regulations
- Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as
well as motivate as a group
- A working knowledge of ANSI/ASQC ISO 9001 or comparable Quality
- A working knowledge of LEAN Manufacturing
- Additional preference will be provided for Automotive, Food,
Rubber or Textile manufacturing experience.
- Additional preference provided for Certification in ANSI/ASQC
- Additional preference provided for verifiable LEAN
implementation experience.Competency Requirements
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to lead through influence
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret data
- Meticulous attention to detail is mandatory
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take manage diverse projects and organizations
- Ability to work in ambiguity and create structurePhysical
- The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
- Frequent talking, hearing and seeing
- Frequent using of hands to grasp, handle, or feel
- Regular standing, walking, sitting and reaching
- Occasional lifting of up to 25 poundsVision Requirements
- Close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less)
- Distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more)
- Peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen
up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a
- Depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge
distances and spatial relationships)
- Ability to focus (ability to adjust eye to bring an object into
sharp focus)Work Environment
- Primarily operates in office and manufacturing
- Some of the work is performed in a shop environment where it
may be loud, dusty, hot or cold
- Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers,
phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines
- Regularly required to use personal protective equipmentNFW is
Keywords: Natural Fiber Welding Inc, Peoria , Senior Manager Manufacturing Operations, Executive , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!