Environmental Project Manager
Company: Waste Management
Posted on: November 25, 2022
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age,
national origin, disability, or veteran status.
I. Job Summary
Plans and directs all onsite activities at client location in
relation to the storage, transportation and disposal of hazardous
and non-hazardous wastes and other related services following
federal, state & local regulations. Manages and plans activities of
onsite personnel. Serves as liaison between client and vendors in
relation to service issues and contract management. Maintains
pre-established standards for safety and environmental issues.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may
- Coordinate logistics for transportation of hazardous and
non-hazardous waste from client site including profiling,
scheduling, manifesting and physically loading bulk and drum
- Consult with client to identify, design and implement cost
saving opportunities and proposals.
- Ensure compliance with client and government regulations by
performing necessary inspections and reporting. Resolve all issues
in a timely manner.
- Administer client and vendor financial obligations including
invoicing, reporting and contracts.
- Promote culture of safety by ensuring site personnel are
properly trained to perform assigned duties and comply with safety,
environmental, federal, state and local regulations.
- May occasionally be required to perform labor-intensive
activities (e.g., drum collection and bulking).
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
The highest level of supervisory skills required in this job is the
management of supervisory employees. This includes:
- Direct supervision of approximately 0 to 10 full-time
operations level employees.
The requirements listed below are representative of the
qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Environmental
Sciences, Accounting, Business or related field, or in lieu of
degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years
of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Two (2) years of relevant work experience (in
addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
- RCRA and DOT regulatory compliance experience required.
- OSHA 24-Hour HAZWOPER Certification required.
- Pre-assignment and/or pre-hire customer-specific drug and/or
alcohol testing may be required by certain customer-contract
requirements. Such testing may include urinalysis, oral swab, drug
hair follicle testing and/or alcohol testing.
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Profit and loss (budgeting).
- Project management.
- Customer service and vendor management.
- An entrepreneurial skill set is highly valued with the ability
to creatively achieve stretch goals and provide new services and
value to existing customers.
- Supervisory and team building skills.
- Creative problem solving and innovative thinker.
- Effective and concise communication.
- Adept decision making.
- Strategic thinking.
- Strong leadership and relationship building skills.
- Strong business acumen and financial knowledge.
- Self-motivated and directed with a keen sense of urgency to
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and
work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made
to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such
as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50
pounds most of the work day;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as
cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) most of the work
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves
dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements most of
the work day;
- Normal setting for this job is: indoor and outdoor with
frequent visits to sites
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive
total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life
Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase
Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive
Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that
benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for,
please click "Apply.
Keywords: Waste Management, Peoria , Environmental Project Manager, Executive , Mapleton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!