House Manager - Community Living Services
Posted on: November 26, 2022
* All new hires will be required to show proof that they have
received the COVID-19 Vaccination, as it is now mandated to have
for our agency.*
Be a part of an EP!C Team! We are currently seeking a House Manager
to oversee the care and well being of the individuals we serve.
This position does require previous supervisory experience as it is
responsible to supervising all DSP employees within the group
November 14, 2019
Community Living Services
Position Objective: The House Manager will follow Rule 50, Dept. of
Human Services Rule 115, 116, Rule 119, Rule 120, and other
relevant regulatory guidelines, and will assist the Program
Coordinator in developing and implementing individual plans and
coordinating all habilitation direct care services provided by the
facility to residents.
* Support and educate the philosophy of the agency mission/vision
statement and current strategic plan.
* Manage all responsibilities based on the agency mission, using
individual choice and all appropriate policies, procedures, and
* In accordance with agency policies and procedures, perform all
personnel functions, including interviewing, hiring, terminating,
evaluating, training, coaching, and scheduling.
* Take inventory of supplies, equipment, and consumables as well as
building, grounds, and vehicles. Make appropriate orders or submit
appropriate work orders to in-house departments.
* Coordinate monthly paperwork and changeover. Work with the
Program Coordinator regarding any areas of concern that fall
outside of the agency quality standards/parameters
* Maintain appropriate staffing levels in the CILA homes at all
times (including weekdays, weekends and holidays), coordinating
with centralized schedules to maintain necessary staffing, complete
all required staff in-service trainings (including
emergency/disaster drills as per state regulations), ensure
employee payroll and paystubs are delivered in a timely manner
* Delivery of resident medication to and from Nursing Services,
review documentation (program, medical, and incident documentation)
to ensure consistent and thorough documentation is occurring.
* Work with Benefits Coordinator.
* Provide on-call supports through the on-call rotation.
* As mandated reporter ensure all allegations of abuse and neglect
are reported as required.
* Other duties as assigned.
* Directly supervise Direct Support Persons (DSP).
* Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the
organization's policies and procedures and all applicable laws.
* Responsible for interviewing, hiring, and training employees.
* Responsible for planning, assigning, documenting, and directing
work, appraising performance, rewarding and disciplining employees,
addressing complaints, and resolving problems.
* Requires On-Call responsibilities.
Resource Management Responsibilities:
* Provide support to and work with all team and agency members.
* Maintain positive parent and guardian relations for individuals
on the team.
* Promote community participation for individuals.
* Review all medical and other incident reports for the person.
* Coordinate and support appointments with the nursing
* Perform other duties as assigned.
* As a mandated reporter ensures all allegations abuse and neglect
are reported as required.
* Must have a High School Diploma or GED. Bachelor level Diploma
* Management and one year of supervisory experience preferred.
* One year of experience supporting people with developmental
* Must be proficient in Microsoft Office systems.
* Complete DSP training in accordance with the state regulations,
and maintain status on the Health Care Worker's Registry.
* Obtain/maintain standing as an Authorized Direct Support Person
for medication administration.
* Maintain acceptable status under the Healthcare Worker's
Background Check Act.
* Maintain a valid Driver's License and acceptable driving
* Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents in
* Must possess emotional stability to handle stressful situations
on a regular basis and the ability to cope with illness, death, and
* Must possess good organizational and time management skills.
* The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions of this job assignment.
* Work hours/days are full-time and exempt status. Flexibility is a
requirement in order to accommodate various Program, contractual,
personnel and organizational needs.
* Will be required to drive a motor vehicle as part of his/her
employment responsibilities with EP!C. A valid Illinois Driver's
License and insurance is required and must be maintained at all
times while employed by EP!C.
Keywords: EP!C, Peoria , House Manager - Community Living Services, Executive , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!