Company: Aperion Care Spring Valley
Location: Spring Valley
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Aperion Care Spring Valley - SUMMARY: The Activity Director
provides ongoing program of activities designed to meet, in
accordance with the comprehensive assessment, the interests and the
physical, mental, and psychosocial well-being of each resident.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop and plan activities including, but not limited
- Group social activities.
- Spiritual programs and attendance at houses of
- Provide opportunities for resident involvement in planning and
implementation of activities.
- Creative Activities such as arts, crafts, music, drama and
- Exercise activities.
- Promotion of facility and community interaction.
- Prepare, plan and coordinate a monthly calendar of
- Oversight of Activity Aides.
- Train, and supervise volunteers when appropriate.
- Assess resident needs and develop resident activities goals for
the written care plan.
- Encourage residents to participate in activities and document
- Review resident goals and progress notes.
- Properly document MDS reports and progress notes.
- Participate with the Administrator in developing the activity
budget, including creatively sourcing funds.
- Foster relationships of family members and community partners
that may assist in supporting the Activity department.
- Attend care plan meetings, QAPI, and department head meetings
- Other duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual
must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements below are representative of the knowledge, skill,
and/or ability required.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Satisfactory completion of a training course for Activity
- 2 years minimum of experience in a social or recreational
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
- Required to sit, stand, bend and walk regularly; lift and/or
move up to 25 pounds.
- Visual and auditory ability sufficient for written and verbal
- The noise level in the work environment is usually
Keywords: Aperion Care Spring Valley, Peoria , Activity Director, Executive , Spring Valley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!