Medical Director of Emergency Medicine for Galesburg, Illinois
Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Emergency Medicine opening in Galesburg, Illinois. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe
- Seeking BE/BC Emergency Medicine Physician who is interested in
leadership opportunities in Galesburg, IL at OSF St. Mary Medical
- This role will serve both administratively and
- This role will be 16 hours of administrative and 24 hours of
clinical work weekly
- OSF St. Mary Medical Center has -30K visits annually
- Voted Best Small Town:
- Starting salary over 400K a year, PLUS:
- Over 5 weeks paid vacation
- 25K Sign On Bonus
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, association membership dues,
- Health, life, and dental insurance
- CME hours + Generous stipend
- Paid Relocation
- Self scheduling available
- Supervise attending physicians, residents, and advanced
practice providers in the provision of clinical care in the
- Collaborate with emergency physicians/providers, nursing
leadership, and hospital administration to ensure high qualities
emergency care which evolves to match the needs of the patients,
the department, the hospital, and the community.
- Promote professional communication and positive relationships
between ED physicians, APPs and hospital medical staff.
- Ensure appropriate credentialing, orientation, and compliance
of providers with hospital policies and regulatory
- Assure the staffing model and scheduling of providers to
provide safe, cost-effective care.
- Perform quality assurance and lead improvement initiatives
within the department.
- Monitor department and provider-level operational and quality
metrics using analytical tools. Implement process improvement
strategies to improve and optimize these areas, and provide
feedback to physicians.
- Serve as the department representative on system-level care
councils and committees.
- Ensure successful accreditation and certification surveys
involving the ED.
- Investigate and respond to patient complaints or grievances
related to patient care.
- Implement departmental policies, procedures, and
- Have membership in or chair hospital committees as appropriate.
These may include medical staff executive committee and committees
for disaster preparedness, critical care, quality improvement, case
management, risk management, pharmacy, etc.
- Serve as community and media representative when necessary in
collaboration with hospital/service line administration and public
- Participate in risk management activities including
communication with facility legal representative(s) concerning
relevant departmental issues. Work with ED staff to identify and
mitigate areas of high risk.
- Collaborate with department and hospital leadership in budget
planning and capital requests
Keyphrases: emergency medicine jobs, critical care medicine jobs,
pulmonary critical care jobs, critical care nurse practitioner
jobs, surgical critical care jobs, emergency medicine specialist
jobs, internal emergency medicine jobs, emergency medical care
jobs, emergency cardiac care jobs, wilderness medical jobs,
pediatric emergency medicine jobs, emergency medical technician
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Peoria , Medical Director of Emergency Medicine for Galesburg, Illinois, Executive , Galesburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!