Software Asset Management Professional
Posted on: September 9, 2018
Software Asset Management ProfessionalLocation: Peoria, IL POSITION Description
- Serves as the subject matter leadership for software asset management platforms and systems inclusive of related reporting and governing processes.
- Actively executes top level deliverables while providing leadership and coaching for other top level and foundational deliverables from distributed IT software asset management resources.
- Facilitates central governance processes to ensure all enterprise IT software asset classes are discovered, inventoried, and managed in alignment to the IT General Controls, contractual obligations, industry best practices and any applicable Generally Accepted Accounting Practices. This position is primarily responsible for:
- Delegate process ownership for the software asset class lifecycle of IT General Controls
- Performs activities related to software licensing & audits, contract compliance and IT asset tracking
- Assess software and support agreements, identifying audit, compliance & reporting requirements, and translating license rights and terms to what must be discovered and counted by available SAM tools (e.g., processors/cores, users, etc.) to help ensure compliance with supplier contracts
- Performs complex license entitlement and purchase analysis so the licensing position with suppliers can be determined when compared against software deployment data. Acts as subject matter expert for distributed software asset analysts within GIS and distributed IT execution teams.
- Coordinates the mitigation of financial and/or legal risks associated to vendor contract compliance, identify potential cost savings opportunities relating to software and support, and improve the licensing position with suppliers
- Leads coordination between software asset management and other functions (e.g., GIS, Finance, etc.) to provide timely access to IT asset deployment and license entitlement data
- Develops and implements policies, processes, and procedures for effective software asset lifecycle management (acquisition through disposition), leveraging existing toolsets and any future ones
- Authors, updates, and in complex publisher footprints exist across multiple teams executes software compliance or self-audit reports tailored to each supplier contract and license metric(s) in place
- Serve as a licensing Subject Matter Expert (SME) for common publisher licensing models, rules and metrics both on-premise and in the cloud
- Liaison to hardware asset classes in utilizing the framework for the inventory of assets connected to the network
- Supplements software and/or hardware asset inventory with additional data attributes as agreed to by the asset class and/or service owner
- Acts as point of enterprise aggregation for software related compliance issues on a cyclical basis as agreed to by the asset class and/or service owner in efforts to proactively manage software assets (inclusive of license harvesting or pooling methodologies where applicable)
- Ensures ITSM processes inclusive of change and release management are appropriate and consistent with ITCG for software asset management
- As an expert, develops and delivers training for distributed software asset analysts. Facilitates the software asset management community of practice for IT enterprise wide.
- Update, refresh or enhance SAM skills by attending industry conferences and/or participating in supplier training sessions
- Partner across Global Information Services (GIS), distributed IT teams, and Information Security to facilitate the two-way sharing of pertinent SAM data to their respective teams (e.g., software deployment and usage information) in helping to create operational efficiencies and increased SAM awareness across the organization
- Develops and maintains the software asset dependent attestation processes in support of asset class and/or service ownersRequired Qualifications:
- Requires a bachelor's degree or international equivalent with a minimum of 8 years of Information Technology experience or no degree with a minimum of 12 years of Information Technology experience
- Three or more years of experience in IT compliance or systems auditing with an emphasis on software license maintenance exposure
- CISA (Certified Information Systems Auditor), CSAM (Certified Software Asset Manager), or CITAM (Certified IT Asset Manager) certification required
- Ability to translate licensing terms and conditions in vendor contracts to data collection or technical requirements
- Experience with vendor maintenance & support contracts, service level agreements and contract negotiation is a plus
- Ability to assess a company's effective licensing position to help identify cost savings opportunities relating to software and maintenance
- Possesses working knowledge of common SAM tools, IT asset discovery technologies, and data analysis techniques
- Experience with the ITIL Framework, IT Service Management process/capabilities, IT Asset Management (ITAM), and IT Financial Management (TBM/ITFM) industry methodologies
- An understanding and application of IT service delivery in different cultures, working across different countries, and experience in an international environment is required to develop global services.
- Although not required, ServiceNow Certified Implementation Specialist - Software Asset Management (CIS -SAM) training is desirable. - provided by Dice Asset Management, CMDB, CISA, CSAM, CITAM
Keywords: Technolava, Peoria , Software Asset Management Professional, Executive , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!