Epileptologist/Clincial Neurophysiologist Opportunity in Peoria, IL
Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: May 13, 2020
Neurology opening in Peoria, Illinois. This and other physician
jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com Job Specifics
• Join three clinical neurophysiology-trained and-certified
epileptologists in our growing practice. OSF HealthCare Illinois
Neurological Institute Epilepsy Center is a level IV epilepsy
center, the only hospital in Illinois outside of Chicago to receive
• Part of a dynamic academic environment with opportunities to
teach and work with residents at the University of Illinois College
of Medicine Peoria.
• This position will include admitting patients to the dedicated
epilepsy monitoring unit, participating in inpatient
epilepsy/seizure consults and outpatient epilepsy clinics at OSF
HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center, and reviewing
neurophysiologic studies (EEGs, EPs). Physician will participate in
regional development efforts, including establishment of new
outreach subspecialty clinics, as well as system-wide epilepsy care
and intraoperative neurophysiological monitoring services.
• Experience with perioperative stereo electroencephalogram (SEEG)
analysis is necessary. Epileptologist will be directly involved in
the presurgical evaluation and surgical decision making during
epilepsy surgery case management conferences.
• Experience or willingness to learn the indications and management
of RNS and DBS for epilepsy is strongly recommended
• Nurse practitioner and experienced neurosurgical support are in
place for epilepsy surgery evaluations.
• Advanced neuroimaging includes MRI, fMRI, PET scan, and
• EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled
• Competitive base salary plus incentives.
• 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
• 480 hours sick time/year
• Signing bonus
• Loan repayment options
• Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership
• Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid
OSF HealthCare St. Francis Medical Center
• OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center, with 629 beds, is
the fifth-largest medical center in Illinois.
• A major teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois College
of Medicine at Peoria, it is the area's only Level I Trauma Center,
the highest level designated in trauma care. It serves as the
resource hospital for emergency medical services for north-central
Illinois. It is home to OSF HealthCare Children's Hospital of
Illinois and the Illinois Neurological Institute.
• Jump Simulation, a part of OSF Innovation, is a collaboration
between University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria and OSF
HealthCare. The center replicates a variety of patient care
settings to ensure novice and seasoned clinicians can practice
handling medical situations in a life-like environment. Boasting
six floors and 168,000 square feet, the center is one of the
largest of its kind and provides space for conferences, anatomic
training, virtual reality and innovation.
• OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center and OSF HealthCare
Children's Hospital have been designated Magnet Status for
excellence in nursing care since 2004.
• Rated the number one employer in Illinois by Forbes Magazine for
the second year in a row. Keyphrases: neurology jobs,
neurophysiology technologist jobs, neurology critical care jobs,
neurologist jobs, pediatric neurology jobs
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Peoria , Epileptologist/Clincial Neurophysiologist Opportunity in Peoria, IL, Healthcare , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!