Cardio Thoracic Surgery
Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Surgery-Cardiovascular opening in Peoria, Illinois. This and
other physician jobs brought to you by DocCafe.com
- OSF Cardiovascular Service Line is actively recruiting a board
eligible/certified cardiac surgeon for a position within the OSF
cardiovascular service line.
- Prefer LVAD/Transplant experience during fellowship
- The cardiovascular service line consists of 3 CV Surgeons who
will be willing to mentor in all aspects of cardiac surgery. It all
consist of 4 cardiothoracic surgery physician assistants, and over
55 Cardiologists. You will walk into a progressive practice that
will be busy from day one with a primary care referral base of 300+
- Recently renewed a LVAD/Transplant program
- Since its inception in 2003, the Thoracic Center of Excellence
has expanded to include clinical research, publications, a patient
education guide and video, education conferences, and collaboration
with other institutions.
- Typical volume includes 300-350 cases a year. Cases include
Tracheal resections, VATS lobectomies, Esophagectomies
Pneumonectomies, as well as multiple thoracoscopies, rigid
bronchoscopies, and esophageal perforations.
- Beginning in 2006, the Center has been involved in an
initiative to improve the quality of patient care by collecting
outcome data to report to the Society of Thoracic Surgeons'
national database. Our Thoracic Center of Excellence was ranked
first in the country for risk-adjusted outcomes for major lung
resections the last time centers were given a rank number. Since
that time we have ranked in the top decile for major lung
resections as we continue to pursue excellent patient
- OSF HealthCare was selected as a NextGeneration ACOs by the
Innovation Center of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid
Services. OSF was recently ranked by Forbes Magazine as the best
employer in the state of Illinois and as number 46 best employer
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center located in Peoria, IL is a
625-bed facility is a Level 1 Trauma Center and home to the
Children's Hospital of Illinois. The Medical Center acts as a
regional tertiary and quaternary referral center and will be the
practice location for the successful candidate.
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 5 weeks paid vacation in the first year, then 6 weeks
thereafter and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid
- Peoria, the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of
Chicago and St. Louis, is home to a a large collection of medical
research, educational and clinical facilities including the
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and Jump
Trading Simulation & Education Center.
- Peoria, Illinois, offers a range of residential opportunities
whether you are looking for something out of the way, in the woods,
along the river or right in the heart of the city.
Please contact or send CV to:
Ammie. Werremeyer, OSF HealthCare Physician Recruitment
Ph: or E:
Keyphrases: surgery jobs, surgeon jobs, cardiovascular surgery
jobs, cardiovascular surgeon jobs, cardiac surgeon jobs, cardiac
surgery jobs, cardiovascular thoracic surgery jobs, cardiovascular
thoracic surgeon jobs, thoracic cardiovascular surgery jobs,
thoracic cardiovascular surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular
surgeon jobs, thoracic and cardiovascular surgery jobs, cardio
thoracic surgery jobs, cardio thoracic surgeon jobs, heart surgeon
jobs, physician assistant jobs, surgical jobs, pa jobs
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Peoria , Cardio Thoracic Surgery, Healthcare , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!