Company: Marvel Medical Staffing
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Position Description: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. The job incumbent is required to demonstrate the critical care
knowledge and skills necessary to provide patient care appropriate
to the age of the patients served on their assigned unit(s). This
requires that the incumbent demonstrates knowledge of the princi
ples of growth and development as well as the physical, emotional
and psycho-social needs of the patient population served.
2. Work requires a professional level of knowledge of nursing
practice and theory at a level that generally can be acquired by
completion and graduation from an accredited School of Nursing.
3. Current State license as a Registered Nurse required.
4. Work requires three to six months unit-specific orientation and
on-the-job training to learn department/unit policies, procedures
and work routines; to develop proficiency in use of medical
equipment and instru ments used on assigned unit; to learn nursing
care and quality assurance standards; and gain an understanding of
the types of patients cared for on unit, their needs, and effective
nursing interventions. PALS certification required.
5. Work requires the interpersonal skills necessary to comfort
patients, family members and/or significant others; to communicate
effectively and concisely with other patient care providers; and to
instruct patients, family members and/or significant others in
self-care/home care procedures.
6. Work requires analytical ability necessary to assess patients
physical, psychological and social needs, develops individual ized
patient care plans, and evaluate patients responses to medical and
7. Following proven competent performance in the appropriate
Intensive Care Unit, additional training is provided for the care
of pediatric cardiovascular patients. Training lasts from 6-8 weeks
and includes classroom lectures, and bedside orientation with one
to one preceptorship. A knowledge assessment tool is used at the
end of training.
Comments: ***INCREASED RATES***
Hospital Rate: $140.00; OT: $150.00; Call: $5.00
AP Rate: $133.00; OT: $142.50; Call: $4.75
Name of Position Requirements
- Does the candidate require any time off? If so, please
- Has the candidate EVER been convicted of a crime other than a
minor traffic violation? If yes, please disclose
- Active IL RN license?
- BLS - American Heart? List exp in comments
- PALS? List exp in comments
- Minimum of 2 years PICU experience?
- What shift is the candidate currently working? (enter in comments
- Is this candidate a 1099?
- Please enter your employee's middle initial in Comments
- Your candidate understand OSF is a Drug Free Campus and they must
produce a negative drug screen for all panels
- Please list the Last four (4) digits of your travelers SSN in the
Keywords: Marvel Medical Staffing, Peoria , PICU RN, Healthcare , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!