Dentist - Hill Correctional Center (Dentist )
Company: Wexford Health Sources Inc
Posted on: September 25, 2022
General Dentistry opening in Galesburg, Illinois. Wexford Health
Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health
care companies, provides clients with experienced management and
technologically advanced services, combined with programs that
control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades,
Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise
and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy,
utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing,
and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be
considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need
and the corrections environment is our venue.
Wexford Health has an exceptional opportunity for a Dentist to join
our team of healthcare professionals at the Hill Correctional
Center in Galesburg, IL.
Under the supervision of the Medical Director, a dentist licensed
in the state of assignment responsible and accountable for
supervising the dental staff and managing the dental activity as
well as for providing oral health care to patients such as
fillings, extractions, dentures, root canals, etc.
- Provides overall supervision of the dental department.
- Provides preventative and restorative treatment to all
- Performs and interprets radiographic examinations as
- Performs operative dentistry including appropriate repair of
- Repairs/fits proper prosthetic devices.
- Supervise staff in: cleaning of teeth, making impressions for
prosthetic devices, planning and maintaining an oral hygiene
program, completing appropriate records accurately and all
procedures associated with the provision of dental care.
- Arrange proper referral for procedures that cannot be performed
on-site at facility.
- Provides supervision of staff in instruction of offenders in
preventative practices for maintaining proper oral hygiene.
- Submit monthly report of Dental Department activities.
- Participate in staff development programs.
- Develop and update departmental policies and procedures.
- Supervise and evaluate all assigned dental staff.
- Forward all outside referrals of offenders to the Medical
Director to assure the necessity for such referrals.
- Serves as clinical authority on all matters related to the
delivery of dental services, and provides direction, guidance, and
oversight to the dental staff and programs.
- Determines the timeframes for non-emergent and elective
treatments according to priority and availability.
- Determines the appropriateness of non-routine treatment and
ensure that such treatment will not interfere with the provision of
greater priority services.
- Examines patients and documents findings on standard forms,
utilizing applicable dental classification systems (i.e.,
- Provides or arranges for appropriate preventative restorative
dental care as needed within the administrative guidelines to all
- Provides or arranges for appropriate care for emergency
patients as soon as possible.
- Ensures continuity of care.
- Supplies data for clinic reports as requested.
- Keeps dental licenses up-to-date, and ensure current copy is on
file in the Health Care Unit.
- Must be CPR certified and skilled in recognizing the symptoms
of shock and fainting, and must be prepared to provide necessary
aid as directed during emergency procedures.
- Responsible for dental office security to include instrument,
medicine and needle counts.
- Responsible to ensure appropriate and quality orientation for
all newly hired dental staff.
- Notifies the Wexford Health Staffing Department of vacant or
upcoming vacant positions in a timely manner and actively assists
the Staffing Department in the filling of vacant positions.
- Is familiar with overtime and commodities budgets and works to
remain within budget.
- Notifies Regional Manager of staffing vacancies related to the
- Obtains approval of Wexford Health and IDOC administration
prior to exceeding staffing hours as stipulated in the Schedule
- Strives to ensure 100% compliance of Schedule E staffing
- Complies with and enforces Wexford Health/Facility Policy and
procedures and ensures subordinate compliance.
- Is familiar with all aspects of the Wexford Health Collective
Bargaining Agreement and operates consistent with the language as
interpreted by Wexford Health Administration.
- Member of the Quality Assurance Committee.
- Receives direction from IDOC personnel as appropriate,
including but not limited to Wardens, Assistant Wardens and Health
Care Unit Administrators.
- Maintains the confidentiality of offender records.
- Approaches change in a positive manner.
- Makes suggestions for improving work conditions to the Medical
Director, Health Care Unit Administrator and Regional Manager.
- Accepts constructive Criticism in stressful situations.
- Performs other related duties as required or assigned. Conforms
to Wexford Health Sources and facility regulations as appropriate,
to include, but not be limited to:
- Dress Code
- Schedule/time sheet/time clock
- Safety and security regulations
- Procedure for sick leave/vacation time/education seminars The
duties and responsibilities outlined herein are for payroll
purposes only; employees may be assigned other duties as
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes
daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care
personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving
throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without
TRAVEL : Minimal travel required.
LICENSING: Current Illinois State Dental license
- Current DEA certificate
- Current CPR certification EDUCATION: Doctor of Dental Surgery
(DDS) or Doctor of Dental Medicine (DDM) degree
- Minimum one (1) year practicing dentistry.
- Skilled in recognizing the symptoms of shock and fainting; must
be prepared to provide necessary aid as directed during
- Correctional Experience Preferred.
- Supervisory Experience preferred. EOE/M/F/D/V
Keywords: Wexford Health Sources Inc, Peoria , Dentist - Hill Correctional Center (Dentist ), Healthcare , Galesburg, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!