Child Abuse Pediatrician Opportunity in Peoria, Illinois (Physician )
Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Pediatrics opening in Peoria, Illinois. Job Specifics
- The Department of Pediatrics of the University Of Illinois
College Of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) seeks a Child Abuse
Pediatrician for a position as Assistant Professor, Associate
Professor or Professor of Clinical Pediatrics, depending upon
experience, to enhance an important clinical program.
- The candidate must hold an MD/DO degree, be BC/BE in Pediatrics
and hold or be eligible for an Illinois physician license. BC/BE in
Child Abuse Pediatrics is strongly preferred but open to general
Pediatricians as well. Candidates with strong interest and
knowledge in child abuse pediatrics are desired. This is a faculty
position, and as such requires providing clinical care, teaching
medical students and residents, research and scholarly activities.
This opportunity provides the medical sophistication of a major
referral center, as well as cultural diversity, in a
family-oriented community with a reasonable cost of living.
- EOE M/F/Disabled Other Responsibilities Include:
- Provide clinical services (inpatient and outpatient).
- Participate in teaching medical students, residents and other
- Conduct clinical and/or basic research in the field of Child
- Provide court testimony.
- Provide consultations for multidisciplinary team members.
- Participate in local, regional or national child abuse
activities. The Community
- Peoria, the largest Illinois metropolitan area outside of
Chicago and St. Louis, is home to a large collection of medical
research, educational and clinical facilities including the
University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria and Jump
Trading Simulation & Education Center.
- Peoria, Illinois, offers a range of residential opportunities
whether you are looking for something out of the way, in the woods,
along the river or right in the heart of the city.
- Peoria is also home to a number of performance venues, museums,
art galleries and more than two dozen historic landmarks of both
local and national fame. OSF HealthCare Children's Hospital of
Illinois in Peoria is the third largest pediatric hospital in
Illinois and the only full service tertiary hospital for kids
downstate. With 136 beds and more than 141 pediatric
subspecialists, OSF Children's Hospital cares for more children in
Illinois than any hospital outside of Chicago. Formally established
as a pediatric hospital on the campus of OSF HealthCare Saint
Francis Medical Center in 1990, OSF Children's Hospital has over
7,000 admissions; 2,500 newborn deliveries, and 18,000 emergency
department visits each year.
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Peoria , Child Abuse Pediatrician Opportunity in Peoria, Illinois (Physician ), Healthcare , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!