CNA or RA - PRN Shifts - Lutheran Hillside Village Memory Care
Company: Lutheran Senior Services
Posted on: March 19, 2023
At Lutheran Senior Services, team members at all levels find their calling in our mission of Older Adults Living Life to the Fullest. In this work environment, all team members are part of a community and appreciated by the people they work with - residents and coworkers - every day.
Provides supportive and functional care to residents with routine daily care in accordance with our established community care procedures and as may be directed by nursing leadership; Works collaboratively as a member of the interdisciplinary team with a focus on maintaining the resident as the director of their own care.
1. Supports residents in attaining and/or maintaining their highest practicable level of functioning by providing and/or assisting residents with personal care and performance of all routine activities of daily living
2. Provides care and services in accordance to current standards of practice as defined by training standards and LSS Clinical Policies and Procedures
3. Maintains the appropriate resident care environment and responds to resident requests for assistance in a timely manner
4. Follows all safety procedures and protocol as dictated by LSS policy, federal and state regulations and standard nursing practice and reports all hazardous conditions, defective equipment and accidents or incidents to their nursing leader immediately
5. Performs and provides proper resident observations and record keeping; Functions as the resident's advocate, participates in care planning and communicates to their nursing leader and interdisciplinary team any changes observed
Qualifications, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
-Previous resident/patient care experience preferred
-Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos; Ability to write simple correspondence
-Ability to effectively present information in one on one and small group situations
-Basic computer skills, limited to retrieving data and data entry
-Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when circumstances warrant such action
-Must have patience and be willing and able to demonstrate professional behavior in interactions with difficult situations or individuals, including residents and resident families
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
The physical activities, demands, and working conditions described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job duties and responsibilities.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk to hear. The employee frequently is required to sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and taste or smell. The employee must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. and push/pull 45 lbs.
A well-lighted and ventilated working area that has its own temperature control system (air-conditioning and heat). Is subject to emotionally upset residents, or family members. Is willing to work beyond normal working hours and on weekends and holidays when necessary. Is subject to exposure to fumes or airborne particles, and toxic or caustic chemicals. Is subject to exposure to infectious waste, diseases, conditions, etc., including exposure to the AIDS and Hepatitis B virus within guidelines of standard precautions. Appropriate ergonomic and personal safety equipment is provided as needed.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and standards.
Keywords: Lutheran Senior Services, Peoria , CNA or RA - PRN Shifts - Lutheran Hillside Village Memory Care, Healthcare , Peoria, Illinois
here to apply!