Licensed Practical Nurse - Community Behavioral Health 6 West
Company: Carle Health
Posted on: September 15, 2023
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, contributes professional
nursing knowledge and skills in the provision and management of
care to patients through the application of the nursing
CERTIFICATION & LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) upon hire and Basic Life Support
(BLS) within 30 days and
- Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential
functions of the position.
- Work may occasionally require travel to other UPH
- required to drive your own vehicle for business purposes.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Writes, reads, comprehends and speaks fluent English. Basic
computer knowledge using word processing, spreadsheet, email, and
web browser. Multicultural sensitivity. Critical thinking skills
using independent judgment in making decisions.
CLINICAL EXCELLENCE FOCUS:
- Promotes the use of evidence-based practice through the nursing
process, protocols and procedures.
- Under the supervision of an RN, assesses patient's status
through interview, observation and physical assessment of actual
problems and outcomes.
- Assists the RN in the development of an individualized plan of
care using a collaborative approach with the patient/family and
health care team.
- Uses appropriate interventions identified in the plan of care
to achieve expected patient outcomes.
- Systematically evaluates and documents patient's progress
toward expected outcomes/goals on an ongoing basis throughout the
- Modifies plan of care based on evaluation.
- Completes required documentation as appropriate, including
patient chart and event reports.
- Demonstrates professional accountability for own practice as
evidenced through seeking resources and continuing
- Demonstrates technical knowledge of equipment and troubleshoots
when problems arise.
- Acquires and maintains current knowledge and skills in
evidence-based nursing practice.
- Promotes the professional development of self and team
- Shares clinical knowledge through informal teaching and in
response to the learning needs of others.WORK ENVIRONMENT & CULTURE
- Participates in interdisciplinary care of the patient through
collaboration with team members and utilizes additional resources
- Analyzes clinical situations in a systematic way and acts to
obtain resources or correct problems to meet or exceed expected
outcomes or patient needs.
- Recognizes need for assistance and utilizes resources,
including physician and nurse to nurse (UAT) consultation in a
- Demonstrates ownership and persistence to ensure problem is
resolved in best way possible.
- Able to assume assignment of non-complex and some complex
patient management with some turnover in assignment.
- Consistently prioritizes work based on changes in patient
condition, changes in assignment and unanticipated
- Identifies and utilizes team resources to solve identified
problems or needs.
- Collaborates with the health care team in the organization of
tasks and activities for the patient's care from admission to
discharge according to the plan of care and to meet identified
- Works with other team members in delegating tasks and
- Provides goal-focused shift report.
- Advocates with physicians on patient's behalf when
- Utilizes communication and teamwork strategies aimed at
promoting high team performance and achieving optimal patient
outcomes and unit productivity.
- Chooses an appropriate and meaningful communication style when
interacting with others; gives and accepts constructive feedback
to/from peers.PATIENT EDUCATION FOCUS:
- Adapts teaching strategies appropriately to meet the
patient's/family's age specific needs.
- Adapts teaching strategies based on patient's response,
readiness to learn and level of comprehension.
- Takes cultural, age-specific, gender, and developmental factors
into consideration when teaching patients about procedures,
illness, hospital experience, etc.
- Ensures patient safety in the hospital environment by following
policy/procedures and adhering to National Patient Safety
- Consults appropriate resources within the hospital to provide
- Utilizes SVI patient education system and other resources for
patients and family members.PERFORMANCE IMPROVEMENT FOCUS:
- Actively participates in data collection, analysis, problem
solving and gives input on process improvements and patient
- Assures that the care provided is consistent with standards of
care, evidence-based practices, national patient safety goals, core
measures and other quality initiatives undertaken by the
- Works with interdisciplinary team in identifying opportunities
for improvement in patient care and patient/family
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class. Carle Health
participates in E-Verify and may provide the Social Security
Administration and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland
Security with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to
confirm work authorization. - For more information:
Effective September 20, 2021, the COVID 19 vaccine is required for
all new Carle Health team members. Requests for medical or
religious exemption will be permitted.
Keywords: Carle Health, Peoria , Licensed Practical Nurse - Community Behavioral Health 6 West, Healthcare , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!