Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Practice
Company: Premise Health Systems
Posted on: September 20, 2023
Nurse Practitioner (NP)Healthcare Without Rival
Premise Health is the world's leading direct healthcare provider
and one of the largest digital providers in the country, serving
over 11 million eligible lives across more than 2,500 of the
largest commercial and municipal employers in the U.S. Premise
partners with its clients to offer fully connected care - in-person
and in the digital environment. It operates more than 800 onsite
and nearsite wellness centers in 45 states and Guam, delivering
care through the Digital Wellness Center and onsite, nearsite,
mobile, and event solutions.
Premise delivers value by simplifying complexity and breaking down
barriers to give diverse member populations access to convenient,
integrated, high-quality care. We offer more than 30 products,
delivering the breadth and depth of care required to serve
organizations' total populations. The result is healthcare that
meets the needs of members and their families, helping them live
healthier while lowering costs for organizations.
Premise offers a wide range of dynamic, purpose-driven career
opportunities. We are currently looking for a FT Nurse Practitioner
to join our team in Joliet, IL.
About the Role
The nurse practitioner (NP) uses clinical judgments in conducting
health assessments making differential diagnosis, and prescribing
pharmacological and non-pharmacological treatments. Plans are
implemented through independent action, health counseling, and
collaboration with other members of the health team. The NP is
responsible for clinical oversight and health center consultation
regarding administration of health care policy and procedure of the
delivery of on-site health services. The NP promotes optimum
health, prevents illness and injury, and manages acute and chronic
health problems in the on-site setting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
* Performs physical examinations and preventive health measures
within prescribed guidelines and instructions of Physician.
* Orders, interprets, and evaluates diagnostic tests to identify
and assess patients' clinical problems and health care needs.
* Records physical findings, and formulates plan and prognosis,
based on patient's condition. Provides written home-going
* Collaborates with Physician and other health professionals to
prepare comprehensive patient care plan as necessary.
* Prescribes or recommends medications or other forms of treatment
such as physical therapy, inhalation therapy, or related
* Refers patients to Physician for consultation or to specialized
health resources for treatment.
* Maintains medical records using (In some health centers it may be
using Electronic Medical Record software).
* Educates and coaches nursing staff on best nursing practices.
* May require other duties as assigned.
* All RN licenses/certificates to practice
* All nurse practitioner licenses/certificates to practice
* State Prescriptive Authority (if applicable)
* Federal DEA license (matching each state of practice as
* State Narcotic/Controlled Substance license if required in your
state (Alabama, Connecticut, DC, Delaware, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois,
Indiana, Iowa, Louisiana, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan,
Nevada, New Jersey, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Rhode Island, South
Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Wyoming, Puerto Rico) (New York ROPES
* Current national certification (ANCC or AANP required)
* Master Degree in Science of Nursing (if Master Degree in Science
certificate does not state Nursing on it then a copy of transcripts
* CPR (BLS for the Healthcare Provider/Professional Rescuer or
ACLS-the copy must include the front and back of card as
applicable) Certification must include "hands on" evaluation of
skills by the trainer/instructor. Total on-line courses will not be
accepted. Course must also meet the American Heart Association
(AHA) standards but need not be an AHA certificate.
* At least three years of clinical experience as a Nurse
Practitioner in an ambulatory care, occupational health, family
practice or emergency department setting.
Work-life balance is at the foundation of how decisions are made
and where Premise is headed. We can only help people get, stay, and
be well if we do the same for ourselves. In addition to competitive
pay, Premise offers benefits packages including medical, dental,
vision, life insurance, 401(k), paid holidays and vacation time, a
company-sponsored wellness program, and much more our talent
acquisition team will be happy to share with you.
Premise Health is an equal opportunity employer; we value
inclusion, and we do not discriminate based on race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status or disability status.
Keywords: Premise Health Systems, Peoria , Nurse Practitioner (NP) - Family Practice, Healthcare , Joliet, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!