Physician / Pediatrics / Illinois / Permanent / Pediatric Pulmonologis
Company: Merritt Hawkins!
Posted on: November 7, 2018
Job Description & Requirements
Pediatric Pulmonologist in Illinois
On behalf of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP) and OSF HealthCare Children s Hospital of Illinois, MillicanSolutions, a leader in academic pediatric executive search, is conducting a national search for a Pediatric Pulmonologist for their joint program located in Peoria, IL. The comprehensive pediatric pulmonology program is seeking a collaborative, energetic pediatric pulmonologist to support the developmental strategies of their growing pediatric program. The successful candidate will be employed by the University of Illinois and will hold a faculty appointment at the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP).
The current practice, led by Dr. Mohannad Mannaa, is seeking candidates, including 2019 fellows, that are fellowship trained in pediatric pulmonology. H1-B Visa holders are encouraged to apply and they may also be able to accommodate a J1-Visa applicant. This is a thriving pediatric pulmonology division that has both a pediatric sleep program and an accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center by the National Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. Although the position is clinical in nature, there are opportunities to pursue scholarly and clinical research interests, along with opportunities for teaching medical students and residents. The position requires clinical services and teaching responsibilities. Scholarship is not required but expected.
- OSF Healthcare Children s Hospital of Illinois (CHOI) is a 144-bed full-service children s hospital with more than 115 pediatric sub-specialists in 40+ subspecialists. CHOI has 60 NICU beds, 32 PICU beds, 16 pediatric oncology beds, and 36 general pediatric beds.
- Comprehensive pediatric pulmonology division that includes an Accredited Cystic Fibrosis Center by the National Cystic Fibrosis Foundation, dedicated pediatric sleep center (4 beds; seeing complex sleep patients), general pediatric pulmonology clinics, bronchoscopy, respiratory technology dependent program, and asthma clinics.
- Patient population and equipment available to treat a full range of complex pediatric pulmonology patients.
- Joining a well-established team of three pediatric pulmonologists, one nurse practitioner and dedicated teams including sub-specialty nurses, pediatric respiratory therapists, pediatric dieticians, social worker, nutritionist, medical assistant, and a scheduler.
- Board certification or Board Eligibility in Pediatric Pulmonology
- Eligible for licensure in the State of Illinois
- Eligible for academic rank of assistant, associate, or full professor academic appointment will be commensurate with the individual s experience
- An understanding of the general clinical disciplines within Pediatric Pulmonology and experience in Pediatric Pulmonology
OSF HealthCare Children s Hospital of Illinois (CHOI) is a 144-bed full-service children s hospital with more than 115 pediatric sub-specialists in 40+ subspecialties. CHOI opened a new state-of-the-art inpatient bed tower in 2010. The Children s Hospital has 60 neonatal beds, 32 pediatric critical care beds, 16 pediatric oncology beds, and 36 general pediatric beds.
CHOI is the pediatric teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois College of Medicine at Peoria (UICOMP). It provides 24-hour in-house physician coverage with pediatric specialists and sub-specialists for immediate consultation. In addition to the Congenital Heart Center, Children s Hospital is the first state-designated Pediatric Critical Care Center; it is the only level IV neonatal intensive care unit outside of Chicago and the Regional Perinatal Center for Central Illinois. It is the home of the first state-designated Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in downstate Illinois, providing optimal care for pediatric trauma patients. The Children s Hospital houses the St. Jude Midwest Affiliate, the program providing care for children with oncological and hematological disorders with state-of-the-art oncology protocols from St. Jude Children s Research Hospital and the Children s Oncology Group. The Children s Hospital has a Cystic Fibrosis Center, the only comprehensive Pediatric Diabetes Resource Center outside of Chicago, a comprehensive Sickle Cell Center, a pediatric sleep program and pediatric ventilator support program and designated pediatric emergency care with 13 beds.
OSF Innovation, located at the Jump Simulation & Education Center in Peoria, is where collaboration and innovation lead the transformation of healthcare worldwide. Jump Simulation programs and objectives are key to improving the safety, effectiveness, and efficiency of care for community members across the region. Advanced Imaging and Modeling (AIM) is an innovative collaboration that pairs clinicians with engineers with the most advanced imaging and modeling technologies available. AIM s goal is to leverage existing, emerging and disruptive technologies in imaging and modeling to diagnose and index pathological conditions for use in the treatment of patients and the education of clinicians. There is currently a $15 million endowment supporting the work in advanced imaging and modeling.
About the Company
Merritt Hawkins, an AMN Healthcare company, is a permanent physician placement service that fills more physician jobs than any other firm. In addition to being the nation s leader in physician employment search and consulting services, Merritt Hawkins also recruits and places select allied health professionals. AMN Healthcare is an EEO/AA/Disability/Protected Veteran Employer. We encourage minority and female applicants to apply.
Pulmonology, Pulmonologist, Sleep Medicine, Pediatrician, Pediatrics, Pediatri
Keywords: Merritt Hawkins!, Peoria , Physician / Pediatrics / Illinois / Permanent / Pediatric Pulmonologis, Healthcare , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!