Line Cook - Market Grille - Part Time
Posted on: February 14, 2020
Job Title: Line Cook FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: Market Grille Revision Date: 10/2017
The Line Cook is responsible for supporting the Lead Chef to
deliver high-quality, great tasting food; proper food safety and
sanitation procedures and profitability. The Line Cook is
responsible for prepping ingredients and assembling dishes
according to restaurant recipes and specifications.
Accountable and Reports to: Lead Chef; Grille BOH Manager; Store
Direct Reports: Dishroom Clerk; Food Expeditor
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Set up workstations with all needed ingredients and cooking
- Prepare ingredients to use in cooking (chopping and peeling
vegetables, cutting meat etc.).
- Ensure great presentation by dressing dishes before they are
- Keep a sanitized and orderly environment in the kitchen.
- Ensure all food and other items are stored properly.
- Check quality of ingredients.
- Monitor stock levels, restock station as needed.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities
- Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience
- Proven experience as a cook.
- Experience in using cutting tools, cookware and bake ware.
- Knowledge of various cooking procedures and methods.
- Ability to follow all sanitation procedures.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Very good communication skills.
- High school diploma or equivalent; Diploma from a culinary
school will be an advantage.
- Must be physically able to exert up to 50 pounds of force
frequently (energy exerted); and exert up to 10 pounds of force
constantly to move objects.
- Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), and
field of vision.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking,
hearing, and repetitive motions.
This position is frequently exposed to temperature extremes and
dampness. There are possible equipment movement hazards from a
pallet jack, electrical shock, and exposure to cleaning chemicals
and solvents. This is a fast paced work environment.
Equipment Used to Perform Job
All kitchen equipment including: Cash register, fryers, ovens,
stoves, grills, toasters, chicken roaster, can opener, griddle,
chargrill, slicer, delivery van, refrigerated food prep case, hot
case, cold case, thermometers, knives, dishwasher, ice machine,
coffee maker, scales, pop machine, calculator, computer, Telexon
ordering machine, C.A.R.S. reordering system, steamer, fax, copier,
telephone, Hobart machine. Bar equipment, such as tags, Napa
technology, Aloha POS System, etc.
Responsible for company assets including equipment and
Has daily contact with the general public and customers. Has
contact with federal/state governmental or regulatory agencies
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Peoria , Line Cook - Market Grille - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!