Dining Services Assistant
Company: Apostolic Christian Restmor
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Job DetailsJob LocationApostolic Christian Restmor, Inc. -
Morton, ILPosition TypeFull-Time/Part-TimeEducation LevelNoneTravel
PercentageNoneJob CategoryFood ServiceApostolic Christian Restmor
in Morton, IL is looking for full and part-time Dining Services
POSITION SUMMARYPerforms food service tasks such as prepping
food/drinks, setting tables, and portioning/serving food for
resident meal service. Prepares and delivers resident snacks.
Restocks resident refrigerators and pantries. Washes pots, pans,
dishes, and other typical cleaning tasks.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Supports resident and staff meal service. Ensures
familiarization of most frequently used modified diets such as
carbohydrate controlled, mechanical soft, and puree diets
- Prepares/assembles items for resident and staff meal service
and assembly (i.e., salads, sandwiches, desserts, beverages,
condiments, silverware, etc.)
- Assembles resident meals according to established menu and
resident meal tickets
- Sets up, serves, clears, and cleans resident dining rooms
- Prepares/delivers resident snacks, replenishing resident
refrigerators with approved beverages and snack items
- Supports catering operations, including preparation and set up
of room location with requested items
- Documents refrigeration, freezer, and food temperatures, taking
corrective action as needed
- Accomplishes cleaning of service ware and cooking utensils by
setting up, operating, and cleaning dishwashing machine and
three-compartment sinks. Scrapes, soaks, scours, and scrubs heavy
cooking utensils. Scrapes and cleans plates, bowls, saucers,
glasses, and silverware.
- Maintains department sanitation by clearing, breaking down, and
cleaning work areas, equipment, refrigerators, and storage
- Complies with department, facility, and government policies and
- Prior food service experience preferred
- Ability to understand and follow directions, either written or
- Capable of clearly communicating with staff and residents,
either written or oral
- Positive attitude and caring approach required
- Full-time candidates must be available to work 5:30am until
approximately 2:00pm four weekdays as well as every other weekend
and every other holiday. Part-time candidates must be available to
work 4pm-7:30pm at least two weeknights/week as well as every other
weekend and every other holiday.
Walking and standing most of the work shift. Frequent stooping,
stretching, bending, climbing, and reaching. Lifting up to 50lbs.
Pushing/pulling up to 100lbs. Some exposure to potentially
hazardous equipment and chemicals. Exposure to hot environment and
extreme temperatures in walk-in refrigerators and freezers.
Keywords: Apostolic Christian Restmor, Peoria , Dining Services Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Morton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!