Dietary Cook / Tenant Assistant
Company: Courtyard Estates of Green Valley
Location: Green Valley
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Job DescriptionSecond Shift - 3 PM to 8 PM Ideal Candidate would
be willing to transition to a Tenant Assistant from 8 PM to 11:30
PM.Prepares and serves nutritious meals according to the menu.
Monitors methods of food handing, preparation, meal service and
equipment cleaning. Ensures all health, safety and environmental
health standards are achieved and maintained.Responsibilities
- Prepare and serve food for diets as ordered by the
- Follow menus as ordered.
- Notify supervisor of any changes in the menu.
- Honor resident special requests within the prescribed diet
- Ensure that all menus are followed and appropriate
substitutions are made and recorded.
- Take necessary measures to ensure that all food served to
residents has been prepared in a safe, sanitary manner while also
maintaining the highest quality.
- Follow cleaning schedules as directed by Food Service
- Cover, date and label all leftovers properly.
- Notify Food Service Manager of food, supplies or equipment
- Report malfunctioning equipment and unsafe working conditions
to the Food Service Manager immediately.
- Check with Diet Aides and Dishwashers to ensure that they are
completing their duties and help as needed.
- Be knowledgeable of Local, State and Federal regulations and
facility policies and procedures which pertain to the
- Attend in-service meetings.
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- Shall reference the Petersen Health Care Dietary Operations
Manual as amended from time to time.Required Skills
- Be of legal working age.
- Be able to read, understand and follow recipe directions, diet
orders and work assignments.
- Be able to communicate with residents and co-workers in
- Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel,
residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel
and the general public.
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of state and
federal regulations as it pertains to long term care.
- Work overtime if necessary.
- Must be a high school graduate or have earned a GED. Experience
may be substituted for a high school degree.
- Must have passed the Food Protection Manager exam or be willing
to take the course approved by the state the facility is in.
- Must receive food handler training within 30 days of
- Would prefer at least one year experience as a cook in an
- Must have the current federally required vaccines or proof of a
Keywords: Courtyard Estates of Green Valley, Peoria , Dietary Cook / Tenant Assistant, Hospitality & Tourism , Green Valley, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!