FOOD SERV. AIDE/CASHIER
Company: McDonough District Hospital
Posted on: January 25, 2023
- Job Summary
- Sets up and/or serves on patient tray line and takes patient
food to assigned floors. Operates dish machine. Cleans produce as
directed by cooks. Cleaning duties are assigned specific to job
title. Operates cash register including hand keying prices to
complete the sale of goods. Collects payment through cash, check,
or debit/card to complete the transaction and may provide a receipt
of sale to the purchaser. Performs other assignments as
- Job Specifications
- EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: A high school diploma or GED
- JOB KNOWLEDGE:
- Performs prep work such as washing, peeling, cutting and
weeding fruits and vegetables. Weighs and measures designated
- Carries pans, kettles and trays of food to and from work
stations, stove and refrigerator in accordance with safety
standards. Distributes supplies, utensils and portable
- Stores foods in designated areas in accordance with wrapping,
dating, and food safety and rotation procedures.
- Cleans work areas, equipment and utensils.
- Ensures compliance with sanitation and safety
- Uses approved food recipes and production standards to ensure
proper quality, serving temperatures and standard portion
- Serves customers in a friendly, efficient manner following
outlined steps of service.
- Interacts with customers and resolves customer complaints in a
friendly, service oriented manner.
- Relays relevant information to supervisor.
- Performs sales transactions.
- Enters sales into the cash register to ensure purchases are
- Make change, accept declining balance cards and other
acceptable forms of payment.
- Issues receipts to customers.
- Follows standard procedures for issuing cash refunds.
- Responsible for all assigned change funds and cash receipts,
ensuring that cash drawer is in compliance with overage/shortage
- Replenishes condiments, beverages and general supplies while
maintaining services area cleanliness.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- ABILITIES, INTERESTS AND TEMPERAMENTS:
- Ability to read, speak, write and follow written and oral
- Manual dexterity and motor coordination are necessary for
efficient use of kitchen utensils and equipment.
- Interest in learning new techniques for improved service.
- Willingness to work in a team concept environment.
- Service attitude is an expectation.
- Must have the ability to work with a variety of patients of all
populations (e.g. developmentally appropriate care, cultural
diversity, patients with pain, victims of abuse or neglect, and
diagnosis or procedure specific such as patient with congestive
heart failure or cesarean delivery).
Keywords: McDonough District Hospital, Peoria , FOOD SERV. AIDE/CASHIER, Hospitality & Tourism , Macomb, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!