Line Cook - Pere Marquette - Part Time
Company: Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette
Posted on: October 10, 2019
Position Summary: The Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette is seeking a
hard-working, service-oriented, energetic and self-motivated Line
Cook to join our exceptional our team. Our Line Cook will work
closely with the hotel's food & beverage team. Responsibilities
include but are not limited to:
- Prepare food of consistent quality and assist in kitchen
- Prepare food of consistent quality following recipe cards and
production and portion standards, per check from servers.
- Start food items that are prepared ahead of time, making sure
not to over prepare estimated needs.
- Date all food containers and rotate as per hotel standards,
making sure that all perishables are kept at proper
- Check pars for shift use, determine necessary preparation,
freezer pull and line set up. Note any out-of stock items or
- Return all food items not used on next shift to designated
storage areas, being sure to cover/date all perishables.
- Assist in setting up plans and actions to correct any food cost
problems, control food waste, loss and usage per hotel
- Operate, maintain and properly clean deep fryer, broiler,
stove, steamer, food processor, mixer, slicer, oven steam table,
tilt kettle, waffle iron and flat top grill.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned. Requirements:
- Must be able to speak, read, and understand the primary
language(s) used in the workplace.
- Be able to work under pressure.
- Be able to make excellent quality food.
- Have knowledge about kitchen hygiene & safety procedures.
- Requires good communication skills.
- Ability to stand for hours at a time.
- Requires grasping, standing, sitting, walking, repetitive
motions, bending, climbing, listening and hearing ability and
- Ability to lift and/or carry, or otherwise, move goods weighing
a maximum of 100 lbs. on a continuous schedule
- High school education preferred or equivalent combination of
education and experience. Should have knowledge about ingredients
and kitchen equipment. First Hospitality Group seeks to attract and
retain a high performing and diverse workforce in which employees'
differences are respected and valued to better meet the varying
needs of the diverse customers we serve. FHG fosters a diverse and
inclusive work environment that promotes collaboration, flexibility
and fairness. EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Keywords: Peoria Marriott Pere Marquette, Peoria , Line Cook - Pere Marquette - Part Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!