Human Resources Generalist
Company: Morton Buildings
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Morton Buildings, Inc. is the industry leader in post-frame
construction. We have been in business for 120 years and have more
than 10 manufacturing, fabrication, and shipping plants servicing
over 100 construction centers nationwide. Per year, across America,
thousands of new buildings sport the familiar Morton M.
The Human Resources Generalist is responsible for executing the
daily operations of the Human Resources (HR) department. The HR
Generalist will assist in the management of the employee lifecycle,
including employee relations, recruitment, performance management,
and other HR functions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Assists in the creation, implementation, communication and
administration of HR policies, programs and procedures; providing
guidance and interpretation to drive consistency and ensure
compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and
regulations; recommending new policies, programs and procedures to
improve efficiency of the HR department and organization, and/or
improve the employee experience.
- Participates in various HR initiatives, supporting activities
to promote employee engagement and foster a positive company
- Supports positive employee relations, acting as an employee
advocate; building and maintaining effective relationships through
frequent communication with employees and managers; responding to
employee questions in a timely manner; providing counsel and
support on employee relations matters.
- Serves as the point of contact for employee grievances,
escalating complex or sensitive matters to appropriate HR member;
conducting investigations and resolving issues; maintaining
confidentiality and all necessary related documentation.
- Provides guidance and assists managers in administering
employee discipline or corrective actions, such as progressive
discipline or termination of employment; reviewing all involuntary
termination requests to ensure alignment with HR policies,
practices, and procedures.
- Assists in the recruiting and onboarding of new employees,
working cross-functionally to provide an exceptional new hire
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business Administration,
or related field required
- 2+ years of human resource management experience or
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills
- Ability to prioritize tasks and willingness to actively
contribute, where needed, to support the goals and tasks of the HR
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and
- Proficiency with the organization's HRIS system
- Knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Excellent medical/dental/prescription coverage
- Life Insurance
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- 401K Opportunity
- ESOP Retirement Program which makes you an owner of the
Morton Buildings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and
Keywords: Morton Buildings, Peoria , Human Resources Generalist, Human Resources , Morton, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!