Sr Java Developer
Company: Aditi Consulting
Posted on: February 24, 2021
- This position reports to Software Engineering Manager, as do
other staff jobs in application and technical systems and
programming sections. Responsibilities are within functional lines
with individuals assisting in new program development and/or
maintenance of existing mobile, WEB, Cloud, server, computing
systems. Typical Day
- Work as part of Agile team and participate in Scrum
- 1. Competent to perform all programming, development,
integration and system administration assignments without close
- 2. Designs, codes, tests, and debugs programs of high
- 3. Configuration or customization of purchased software
solutions with high complexity.
- 4. Provides project management, programming, systems, and/or
system administration leadership, guidance, and assistance to other
- 5. Works on more complex application/technical problem
identification and resolution, including responding to off-shift
and weekend support calls.
- 6. Works independently on complex processes and modules that
may be used by one or more programs, systems or in support of
infrastructure component change management.
- 7. Develops major system modules, programs or infrastructure
released based on requirements gathered from system customers.
- 8. Performs integrated testing and customer acceptance testing
of system components that requires careful planning and execution
to ensure timely, quality results
- 9. Fully knowledgeable of programming languages appropriate to
the platform supported, program design and specification
development, programming logic, logic diagrams, system analysis
techniques, testing, debugging, documentation standards, file
design, storage and internal systems;
- 10. Performs integration tasks for in-house developed systems
and/or purchased hardware and software solutions. Assists customers
with documentation, training and usability efforts.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or Electrical engineering
or related field. Technical Skills Required:
- 5-7 years software development experience in computer science
or related field.
- 5-7 years or more of experience in designing and developing
software applications in Java or Scala .
- Proven experience in some of the following, o Designing,
developing, deploying and maintaining software at scale.
- One year of experience building and developing with Cloud
Technologies (such as AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Developing software applications using relational and NoSQL
- Application architectural patterns, such as MVC, Microservices,
- Deploying software using CI/CD tools such as Jenkins, GoCD,
Azure Devops etc.
- Deploying and maintaining software using public clouds such as
AWS or Azure. o Working within an Agile framework (ideally
- Strong understanding and/or experience in some of the
- Batch or stream processing systems such as Apache Spark, Flink,
- Message brokers such as Kafka, RabbitMQ, AWS SQS, AWS SNS,
Apache ActiveMQ, Kinesis.
- Experience designing well-defined Restful APIs o Experience
writing API proxies on platforms such as Apigee Edge, AWS API
Gateway or Azure API Gateway o Hands one experience with API tools
such as Swagger, Postman and Assertible
- Test driven development and behavior driven development.
- Hands on experience with testing tools such as Selenium and
Cucumber and their integration into CI/CD pipelines.
- Datastores such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, Elasticsearch,
- Must demonstrate solid knowledge of computer science
fundamentals like data structures and algorithms. Soft Skills
- Ability to work under pressure and within time constraints
- Passion for technology and an eagerness to contribute to a
Keywords: Aditi Consulting, Peoria , Sr Java Developer, IT / Software / Systems , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!