Epileptologist/Clincial Neurophysiologist Opportunity in Peoria, IL (P
Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: February 21, 2021
- The Illinois Neurological Institute Epilepsy Center is a level
IV Epilepsy Center, the only hospital in Illinois outside of
Chicago to receive that designation. Dynamic academic environment
with opportunities to teach and work with residents at the
University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria.
- This position supports a dedicated epilepsy monitoring unit,
interpretation of neurophysiologic studies (EEGs, EPs) from
hospitals throughout Central IL, and inpatient and outpatient
seizure disorder services at OSF Saint Francis Medical Center.
- Participation in regional development efforts, including
establishment of new outreach subspecialty clinics, as well as
system-wide epilepsy care and intraoperative neurophysiological
- Experience or willingness to learn stereoelectroencephalogram
(SEEG) analysis is preferred to support surgical decision making
during epilepsy surgery case management conferences.
- Experience or willingness to learn the indications and
management of RNS and DBS for epilepsy is strongly recommended
- Nurse practitioner and experienced neurosurgical support are in
place for epilepsy surgery evaluations.
- Advanced neuroimaging includes MRI, fMRI, PET scan, and
- EEO Employer M/F/Vet/Disabled The Benefits
- Competitive base salary plus incentives.
- 4 weeks paid vacation and 6 paid holidays
- 480 hours sick time/year
- Signing bonus
- Loan repayment options
- Paid occurrence based malpractice, CME, association membership
- Health, life, and dental insurance, retirement plan, and paid
OSF St. Francis Medical Center
- OSF HealthCare Saint Francis Medical Center, with 629 beds, is
the fifth-largest medical center in Illinois.
- A major teaching affiliate of the University of Illinois
College of Medicine at Peoria, it is the area's only Level I Trauma
Center, the highest level designated in trauma care. It serves as
the resource hospital for emergency medical services for
north-central Illinois. It is home to Children's Hospital of
Illinois and the Illinois Neurological Institute.
- Jump Simulation, a part of OSF Innovation, is a collaboration
between University of Illinois College of Medicine Peoria and OSF
HealthCare. The center replicates a variety of patient care
settings to ensure novice and seasoned clinicians can practice
handling medical situations in a life-like environment. Boasting
six floors and 168,000 square feet, the center is one of the
largest of its kind and provides space for conferences, anatomic
training, virtual reality and innovation. For more information,
visit [Click Here to Apply]
- OSF Saint Francis and Children's Hospital have been designated
Magnet Status for excellence in nursing care since 2004.
- Rated the number one employer in Illinois by Forbes Magazine
for the second year in a row. Keyphrases: neurology jobs,
neurophysiology technologist jobs, neurology critical care jobs,
neurologist jobs, pediatric neurology jobs
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Peoria , Epileptologist/Clincial Neurophysiologist Opportunity in Peoria, IL (P, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!