Underwriting Service Assistant
Posted on: April 10, 2021
I am currently assisting a major insurance company in hiring
100+ Underwriting Service Assistants tostart in June.This is an
amazing career opportunity to work at one of their Corporate
locations in Bloomington, IL.CANDIDATES MUST BE LOCAL TO
BLOOMINGTON, IL! These positions willtemporarily be remote with
equipment provided, howeverwill return to office at a later
date.Job Description (must be open to both types of roles for this
position, will be assigned one of the below)Production Role-
- This role requires sitting at a desk processing policies.
- Very production driven and fast paces.
- Standard work process listing all items that should be in a
policy and making sure the policy is complete.
- Critical thinking and detective type research work is
- Must be able to stay focused and be resourceful.Contact Center-
- Serves as primary contact for Agents and Agency employees that
have questions or want to find out the status of a policy.
- Fast paced environment, processing customer transactions,
- Must have strong written/verbal communication skills.
- Often times dealing with adverse situations (Ex: Billing issue,
pricing issue, actual Premium vs. quoted premium, status of policy,
errors on policies).
- Partners with underwriters to service Agency and Agency
Leadership concerns and/or handles Producer/Broker inquiries
- Communicates with Policyholders, Agents, Producers, or third
parties via various communication media, including chat and
- Will be assigned to a Supervisor or Lead with up to 18 people
- Will be performing in a production environment and expected to
meet performance metrics
- One on one meetings held monthly to check in on
- Huddle meetings occur once or twice a month to discuss team
status and focus for upcoming weeksTraining:
- Training will be 9-12 months long depending on the role.
- Will be a combo of computer based and classroom training with
group learning and role plays.
- Will utilize Zoom meetings, quizzes for knowledge checks, and
shadowing live customer transactions.Additional Skills &
- 1-2 years customer service experience; related industry,
retail, customer facing, administrative and/or call center
- Communicates clearly, professionally and empathetically both
verbal and written
- Ability to provide remarkable customer service in all
interactions with agents and associates
- Ability to clearly communicate policies and procedures and
connect with agents and team members over the phone
- Ability to handle multiple computer applications in a
fast-paced collaborative team environment; detail oriented
- Ability to use a variety of resources to perform quality
- Thrives on accountability to your team, your work and your
- Highly prefer HS Diploma or GED
- Reliability, Dependability and Punctuality
- Experience with Microsoft Office software About Aerotek:We know
that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know
that an individual's success starts with the right career
opportunity. As a Best of Staffing Client and Talent leader,
Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for
our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since
1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and
staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices,
Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract
employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis
Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at
Aerotek.com.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will
consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color,
religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual
orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Aerotek, Peoria , Underwriting Service Assistant, Other , Pekin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!