Posted on: May 16, 2022
Come work at a place where innovation and teamwork come together
to support the most exciting missions in the world!
What you'll do:
* Ensure that proper aquatic care and husbandry is being provided
to our aquatic life in the store.
* Act as the primary resource in their assigned store regarding all
aquatic life education and care.
* Responsible for the achievement of the store's budgeted sales
goals by driving sales in the aquatic life areas. This will be
accomplished by effectively assisting customers in the proper
selection of aquatic life and merchandise in accordance with their
specific needs. This position will receive day to day direction and
coaching from the Companion Animal Department Manager.
* This job is composed of a variety of different tasks that are
covered by operational guidelines. Individual judgment is
occasionally required to complete assigned tasks.
Essential Job Functions:
The incumbent must be able to perform all of the following duties
and responsibilities with or without a reasonable
* Have a strong interest in animal welfare and possess a high level
of knowledge of aquatic life care and husbandry.
* Interact professionally and effectively through verbal and
written communication with all professional contacts with emphasis
on company interests.
* Be comfortable and proficient handling and caring for aquatic
life of various types and species.
* Independently prioritize and accomplish multiple tasks within
established timeframes such as caring for aquatic life, maintaining
proper water quality, setting up an maintaining displays and
merchandise kits for sale and placing aquatic life orders.
* Maintain honesty and integrity in the work area.
* Move merchandise up to 50 pounds.
* Must be able to work evenings and weekends.
The majority of job duties are conducted indoors, although customer
carryouts and veterinarian visits will require that an employee
leave the store briefly. Because this position requires bending,
kneeling, moving merchandise (up to 50 pounds, as necessary) and
standing for long periods of time, there may be risk of injury
resulting from not following procedures. Ability and willingness to
work a minimum of 20 hours per week and flexibility in scheduling
of work hours including evenings and weekends to meet store
Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected
veteran status, or any other protected classification.
Keywords: PetCo, Peoria , Aquatics Specialist, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!