Utility Worker - Full-Time
Posted on: June 25, 2022
The utility worker must be able to perform basic shop duties. They
must also be able to perform detail cleaning with limited
supervision. Not every duty is assigned to each Utility Worker on
Transdev is hiring immediately for an Utility Worker in the Peoria,
IL area. Come join the largest private-sector operator of public
transportation in North America-one that cares about its employees,
passengers, and the community.
At Transdev, we are taking actions to protect and take care of our
employees and customers.
Here is what we are doing to keep you and us healthy:
- Strict adherence to CDC Guidelines
- Enhanced vehicle cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
- PPE Distribution (Hand Sanitizer, masks)
- Social Distancing Enforced
- Enhanced facility cleaning/disinfecting measures with
concentrated focus on high frequency touch areas
What we offer:
-Medical/Dental/Vision health benefits - Blue Cross Blue Shield
- -401(K) retirement plans
- -Paid time off and holidays
- -Ability to advance your career.
- Responsible and accountable for cleaning the interior and
exterior of the bus using bus washer and/or occasional high
pressure/steam equipment of transit vehicles in preparation for
- Responsible for fueling, moving, parking, or positioning of
- Will report any obvious defects associated with the
- Responsible for housekeeping duties in the shop and office
- Moving building, office and shop equipment as needed.
- Bus switch outs and taking vehicles to outside vendors as
- Complete all documentation of work completed in accordance to
company policy to ensure orderly and accurate
- Perform other maintenance related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid driver license in good standing.
- No moving violations in the past two years.
- Knowledge of shop safety standards.
- Must have a strong commitment to safety.
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in
- Must be self-motivated and able to perform without constant or
- Must be able to work flexible hours or shifts.
- Ability to work as a team.
- The physical demands described here are representatives of
those that must be met by the employee to successful perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can
possibly be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform
the essential functions.
- Less than 10% of work is accomplished in doors and in air
conditioned or well-ventilated facilities.
- Greater than 90% of work is accomplished open garage
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of
the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the
whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking,
stooping, and handling of materials.
- May be asked to lift and carry up to 60 pounds.
- May be exposed to cleaning chemicals, you will have access to
safety protective gear.
Based near Chicago, Transdev is the largest private-sector operator
of multiple modes of transit in North America, including bus, rail,
streetcar, paratransit, and shuttle services. Transdev is committed
to being the trusted partner of cities and transit authorities
through quality execution and innovations in mobility. Its parent
company, Transdev Group, is a leading global operator and
integrator of mobility operating in 17 countries and provides
passengers every day the freedom to connect to what they care about
in their cities.www.transdevna.com
If you have any questions, please contact Human Resources -
Fredtasia.Drummond@transdev.com or call 309.868.2380.
*May change based upon local Collective Bargaining Agreement
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature
and level of work being performed by people assigned to this
classification. They are not intended to be construed as an
exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills
required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and
welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and
impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color,
national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data,
gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally
protected status or any other classification protected by federal,
state, or local law.
Job Locations USA-IL-Peoria
Posted Date 4 days ago (6/15/2022 10:00 AM)
Requisition ID 2022-22765
Internal Reference 236
Company/Division Transdev Services
Keywords: Transdev, Peoria , Utility Worker - Full-Time, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!