Registered Nurse RN
Company: Illinois CancerCare
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Overview: Illinois Cancer Care is seeking a full-time Registered
Nurse (RN) to work with other clinic nurses and oncology physicians
and APNs to provide nursing care, counseling, and education to
patients and families. Must be willing to travel and work at
satellite clinics as required.
Shift: Day shift, Monday - Friday, no weekends!
Full-time + Benefits
Education and Experience:
- Registered Nurse with 2-4 years of clinical experience.
- BSN preferred.Essential Responsibilities Include:
- Administers chemotherapeutic agents safely, interprets
laboratory data correctly, assesses for side effects, and uses
proper administration techniques.
- Performs general nursing functions, which may include mediport
flush and needle insertion, sterile dressing changes, foley
catheterization and injections following necessary aseptic
- Performs thorough nursing assessment and reports them in a
concise manner to the physician.
- Assists the clinic physician performing diagnostic
- Calculate dosages and administers chemotherapeutic and biologic
agents accurately and safely according to OSHA guidelines.
- Maintains professional attitude and positive public relations
with hospital personnel, pharmacies, and other community
- Assess patients for; side effects and toxicities of
chemotherapy, oncologic emergency, and physical or psychological
effect of the disease process.
- Assess the patient regarding; comfort and adequacy of pain
control, nutritional needs, and quality of life.
- Performs all other duties as requested or required.
Keywords: Illinois CancerCare, Peoria , Registered Nurse RN, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!