Facilities Maintenance Generalist/Groundskeeper
Company: Wallick Communities
Posted on: June 25, 2022
We are currently seeking a qualified full time Facilities
Maintenance Generalist/Groundskeeper for Schlarman House in Peoria,
- Pay on demand (access your money as soon as you earn it)
- Up to 8 weeks of Paid Parental Leave
- Paid time off & Holiday Pay
- Health, Dental and Vision insurance effective the first day of
the next pay period following the date of hire, typically within 2
weeks (full time only)
- Company provided uniforms
- Gym membership or Fitness equipment reimbursement
- Company paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Voluntary life, short-term disability, accident, critical
illness, and hospital indemnity coverage
- 401(k) with a company match after 90 days
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee Referral Bonus
How You Will Contribute: In accordance with the Wallick Mission and
Values, the Facilities Generalist will perform general maintenance
duties for communities within the district in a timely manner,
taking care to ensure our residents needs are met and comfortable
homes maintained to the highest standards.
- A valid driver's license preferred but in certain circumstances
it may be required.
- You have a minimum of 1-year previous maintenance or general
labor experience, and a working familiarity with basic hand
- You are driven to learn basic electrical, plumbing, HVAC,
drywall repair and applicable laws governing residential
- You pride yourself on providing a great experience for the
resident, from communication to quality and timeliness of
- You're an adaptable and flexible problem solver.
- You are detail oriented with the ability to balance and
organize multiple priorities.
- Utilizing company provided technology to complete work orders
to include light, general maintenance such as minor repairs related
to drywall, replace burned out bulbs, broken blinds, and general
landscaping as required by the Community Leader.
- Perform general custodial duties such as trash pick-up and
removal as needed.
- Responsible for maintaining the communities within the district
to Company Standards.
- Will interact with residents and provide a great experience at
every interaction, treating residents with respect and
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Physical Demands: requires extensive walking, stooping/bending,
balancing, kneeling, squatting, and climbing. Requires the ability
to lift 50 lbs. Requires talking, seeing, and hearing with
Work Environment: requires work to be performed indoors and
outside. Indoor working conditions are often inside a residence
within the community, a common area, or in the designated
maintenance shop area. Outside work is throughout the community
grounds and outdoor common areas.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and
About Wallick: Wallick Communities, founded in 1966, is a
diversified organization specializing in the development,
construction and management of affordable multi-family housing and
senior living communities including memory care.
Wallick Mission : Opening doors to homes, opportunity, and hope. We
provide multi-family housing and senior living communities. We
strive to provide a safe, comfortable, and enjoyable place to call
Wallick Values: Our Values flow directly from our Mission and set
the expectation for how all associates work together. These values
#Maintenancejobs Associated topics: backfill, grounds maintenance,
hardscaper, ice, landfill, park, podadore, pruner, rug, tree
Keywords: Wallick Communities, Peoria , Facilities Maintenance Generalist/Groundskeeper, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!