Press Brake Operator
Company: Standard Sheet Metal Works
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Standard Sheet Metal Benefits!
- Our company offers health benefits that are unmatched anywhere
in the industry. Health, Vision, Dental, and Prescription is
offered to the employee and dependents at no cost plus a small
- Pension benefits and a company annuity are provided to the
- Seven paid holidays
- Clean, well lit , safe, laid back and relaxed work
- Overtime is not mandatory but available
- Flexible work shifts
- Pay is calculated at an hourly rate and is determined based on
skill and ability.
We are hiring for 1st and 2nd shift.
- 1st shift is 6:00am - 2:30pm, Monday - Friday. Overtime
- 2nd shift is 3:30pm - 2:00am, Monday - Thursday.
The Press Brake Operator sets up and operates the press brake to
form metallic parts to dimensional specifications by performing the
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reads job routings and blueprints for product specifications
such as material, dimensions and tolerances, checks documentation
for templates or fixtures information for tooling requirements,
determines sequence of operation and proper die
- Selects positions and secures tooling and dies.
- Checks stock or part to ensure proper squareness, flatness,
general condition and gage.
- Calibrates the gaging system and determines whether blocks or
fingers are required.
- Keys information into the CNC system.
- Positions stock or part in the press and initiates
bending/forming sequence and observes operation of the
- Checks formed part angles, length, width and radius dimensions
with appropriate measuring tools.
- Checks formed part for cracks, die marks, laminating and proper
- Initiates adjustments and shims die if required to meet product
specifications and acquires first piece inspection
- Produces balance of parts required following appropriate batch
sorting and inspection procedures.
- Records time and piece count and verifies accuracy of shop
routing estimates and piece count order requirements.
- Maintains excellent attendance to eliminate production
- Be able and willing to work with others to gather information
which would aid in performing this position successfully.
- Be able to learn and do other tasks, both related and unrelated
to this position.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
related to this position.
Education and/or Experience
Three to six months related work experience or training on the job
with a qualified person who has performed this function and has a
thorough knowledge of the equipment and its total functions.
High School education or equivalent.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret blue print
- Ability to read, understand and interpret measuring devices
such as rulers, tape measurers, combination squares, protractors,
and calipers, in metric and English.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as company routing
sheets, inspection reports, rules, safety rules, operating and
maintenance instructions and procedural manuals in English.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and
- Ability to convert metric/English units of measure.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability
to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
None required at the present time.
The physical demands described here are representative of those
that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly
required to stand. The employee frequently requires the use of
hands to finger, handle or touch objects or controls to operate the
equipment to produce parts. The employee is occasionally required
to walk, climb stairs and ladders, and reach above the shoulders.
The employee must be able to speak and hear normally with or
without correction devices. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision,
depth perception and ability to adjust focus. The position must
frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds properly and
occasionally lift and/or move up to 70 pounds. The employee must
practice safe machine shop habits and be aware of all safety rules
and regulations. Wearing safety glasses and other required personal
protective equipment in the shop is mandatory and safety shoes
should also be worn.
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly
exposed to moving mechanical equipment. The employee is
occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise
level in the work environment is usually loud.
This description does not list all the duties of the job that may
be required. Other duties may be assigned by supervision as
conditions dictate. Evaluation of job performance will be based, in
part, on the results achieved in the tasks listed in this job
description. Standard Sheet Metal has the right to revise this job
description at any time. The job described is not a contract to
employment for any current or future employee and may be eliminated
at any time, for any reason.
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- Mechanical Troubleshooting Skills
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Shop Math Skills
Machines & technologies you'll use:
Keywords: Standard Sheet Metal Works, Peoria , Press Brake Operator, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!