Company: First State Bank
Posted on: November 26, 2022
*FIRST STATE BANK'S Peru branch has an opening for a Part-Time
This is a responsible position requiring initiative and knowledge
of services available to customers.
*Teller duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited
* Receives cash and checks for deposit, verifies amounts, and looks
for check endorsements. Examines cash carefully to guard against
acceptance of counterfeit bills.
* Cashes checks for customers after verifying identification and
checking account balances in accordance with bank policy.
* Enter transactions into the Fiserv teller product and issue
* Count cash balance at beginning of shift and balances cash and
checks against computer records at end of shift.
* Prepare cashier's checks.
* Explain bank services and charges to customers.
* Observe suspicious behavior and reports any such activity to head
teller and/or security personnel as appropriate. In the event of a
robbery, remains calm and follows bank procedures to safeguard
customers and staff.
*Required Qualifications: *
* Willing to learn bank policies, procedures and general banking
* Requires a mature, professional person with an outgoing
personality, and the ability to conduct themselves with tact,
courtesy, and have a genuine desire to serve others.
* Possess the necessary judgment that is required to assess,
interpret and meet the needs of customers.
* Represent and promote the bank and its various banking
* Requires multi-tasking while paying attention to detail and
accuracy in handling various negotiable instruments.
* A thorough knowledge of forms and proper use of them in
processing the various transactions is essential (training will be
This position is a non-exempt, part-time, hourly position. Hours
will be dependent on the needs of the branch, 15 to 25 hours per
week, including 2 to 3 Saturdays per month, as scheduled. May be
required to fill in for vacation, sick and other times as
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
* Day shift
* High school or equivalent (Required)
* Cash Handling: 2 years (Required)
* Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location%58047475%
Keywords: First State Bank, Peoria , Part-time Teller, Other , Peru, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!