Company: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group
Posted on: November 16, 2023
- Illinois Neurological Institute, part of OSF Saint Francis
Medical Center in Peoria, Illinois, is seeking an inpatient,
full-time, neurologist to expand our team.
- OSF Saint Francis Medical Center is a 649-bed tertiary care
referral center that serves as the neurologic hub for the OSF
Ministry. It serves as the main teaching hospital for the neurology
and neurosurgery residencies, as well as several other residencies
and fellowships, in collaboration with the University of Illinois
College of Medicine at Peoria.
- The schedule would be one week on/one week off. Overnight call
is currently distributed amongst the entire group and averages
- Neurohospitalist stroke experience is preferred but not
- The expectation is to provide comprehensive management of adult
neurologic patients in the acute care setting; including diagnostic
and treatment decisions in the ED, deciding on thrombolytic and/or
endovascular stroke treatments and management of other routine and
complex inpatient neurologic conditions, collaborating multiple
medical disciplines, supervision and teaching of neurology
residents and residents from other disciplines,
- Participate in teleneurohospitalist rotations to deliver
virtual inpatient non-emergent neurologic care within the
- Participate in quality improvement measures within the
neurology department and the hospital for neurology-specific
- Education: Doctorate Licenses/Certifications: Physician
Licensed to practice medicine in current state.
- Board certified or board eligible in the appropriate
specialty(ies). Obtain and maintain medical staff membership and
- Must be eligible as a provider for Medicare, Medicaid, and
other federal heath programs.
- Physician shall meet all qualifications to participate in OSF's
programs for professional malpractice and other liability
- Licensed by the Federal Drug Enforcement Administration and the
State of Illinois to prescribe narcotics, if applicable. PREFERRED
- Demonstrates the knowledge and skills necessary to provide
patient care aligned to the preferences, goals, and needs of the
patients servedOSF HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity
Keywords: OSF HealthCare / OSF Medical Group, Peoria , Neurohospitalist, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!