GM Dept. Clerk - Part Time
Posted on: August 12, 2019
Job Title: General Merchandise Clerk FLSA: Non-Exempt
Department: General Merchandise Revision Date: 03/2009
Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service. Rotates,
faces, and replenishes merchandise. Reviews department status and
store displays for cleanliness, product quality and quantity.
Accountable and Reports to: Store Director, Assistant Store
Director; Managers GM, Perishables, and Store Operations, Assistant
Managers, GM Manager, Assistant GM Manager
Direct Reports: None
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by
exhibiting caring, concern and patience in all customer
interactions and treating customers as the most important people in
2. Smiles and greets customers in a friendly manner, whether the
encounter takes place in the employee's designated department or
elsewhere in the store.
3. Makes an effort to learn customers' names and to address them by
name whenever possible.
4. Assists customers by: (examples include)
??? escorting them to the products they're looking for
??? securing products that are out of reach
??? loading or unloading heavy items
??? making note of and passing along customer suggestions or
??? performing other tasks in every way possible to enhance the
5. Answers the telephone promptly and provides friendly, helpful
service to customers who call.
6. Works with co-workers as a team to ensure customer satisfaction
and a pleasant work environment.
7. Understands and practices proper sanitation procedures and
ensures the work area is always clean and neat.
8. Rotates, faces, and replenishes merchandise and ensures highest
quality standards are met.
9. Anticipates product needs for the department on a daily
10. Reviews department status for cleanliness, product quality and
11. Checks in product, puts product away, and may review
12. Runs the department registers and receives payment, makes
change, etc., where applicable.
13. Assists with inventory as requested.
14. Maintains displays in the department and throughout the
15. Removes trash in a timely manner.
16. Maintains strict adherence to department and company guidelines
related to personal hygiene and dress.
17. Adheres to company policies and individual store
18. Reports to work when scheduled and on time.
Secondary Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Builds displays as needed.
2. Orders product and supplies as necessary.
3. Prices products for customers as necessary.
4. Assists in other areas of store as needed.
5. Performs other job related duties and special projects as
Education and Experience:
No education requirement. Over six months to a year of related work
??? Must be able to physically perform medium work: exerting up to
50 pounds of force occasionally and 20 pounds of force frequently,
and 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
??? Visual requirements include vision from less than 20 inches to
more than 20 feet with or without correction, depth perception,
color vision, and field of vision.
??? Must be able to perform the following physical activities:
Climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, reaching, standing,
walking, pulling, lifting, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, and
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Worker Characteristics:
??? Must have the ability to solve practical problems; variety of
variables with limited standardization; interpret instructions.
??? Ability to do arithmetic calculations involving fractions,
decimals, and percentages.
??? Must have the ability to file, post, and mail materials; copy
data from one record to another; interview to obtain basic
information; guide people and provide basic direction.
This position is frequently exposed to dirt. There is occasional
exposure to equipment movement hazard and chemicals/solvents. This
is a fast paced work environment with significant pressure.
Equipment Used to Perform Job:
Computer, video terminal, Visa credit card machine, BASS,
compactor, power jacks, two-wheeler, produce cart.
Has daily contact with customers and with the general public.
Has access to confidential information including sales and
Keywords: Hy-Vee, Peoria , GM Dept. Clerk - Part Time, Other , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!