Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: March 26, 2020
Live where you work for free!!! No commuting expenses or dealing
with rush hour traffic! No rent and minimal utility expenses!
Timberbrook Apartments is currently seeking an experienced,
outgoing and friendly Maintenance Technician!
TheMaintenance Technicianis responsible for maintaining and
repairing the physical assets of the apartment buildings. The right
candidate must possess the ability to complete emergency service
requests at an apartment community immediately, and all standard
service requests within 24-hours, excluding weekends.
This particular Maintenance Technician must live on-site in a
company-provided apartment, in return for being available to
respond to after-hours emergency calls on a rotating basis. This
position requires the ability to complete all work orders assigned
according to company policies and procedures.
Maintenance Technicians are required to have an understanding of
hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool contamination,
hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out safety. We are
looking for team players who are friendly, skilled, diligent, and
Additional job responsibilities:
- Conducting oneself in a professional manner as a company
representative, demonstrating sound judgment and conduct.
- Ensuring the quality and quantity of work; always maintaining
- Meeting service request deadlines.
- Maintaining company vehicle (if applicable), and vehicle
- Monitoring inventory of the most commonly used parts to ensure
an adequate stock.
- Assisting with snow/ice removal, as required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with
residents and co-workers.
- Ability to lift at least 80 pounds.
- Experience with water softener repair, if applicable.
- Ability to meet the physical requirements of the position, such
as climbing ladders and stairs; walking, kneeling, standing,
squatting, twisting and bending for long periods of time.
- Experience with drywall, painting, caulking, and grouting
- Experience with windows, doors, appliances, faucets, garbage
disposals, and door lock repairs and replacements, as well as
carpentry and ceramic tile installation.
- Some general electric and plumbing experience required.
- Ability to repair and replace gutters and downspouts.
- HVAC experience and Certifications strongly preferred.
- Must have own transportation.
- Knowledge of swimming pool maintenance.
- Open to change and able to multi-task in a fast-paced
- Ability to live on-site in a company-provided apartment, in
return for being available to respond to after hour's emergency
calls on a rotating basis.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances, such as last minute deadlines or other difficult
- Must adhere to company team apparel policy.
- Must possess a dependable means of transportation and valid
This position requires you to enter occupied units; therefore
employees are required to be honest and trustworthy with a
satisfactory background. A valid driver's license and reliable
transportation will be required as this position will entail the
operation of a personal and potentially a company vehicle.
We offer our employees:
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Free apartment home
- Employee referral program
- Great work environment
- Opportunities for advancement
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we affirmatively seek
diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified candidates and
advance our employees without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national
origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status or
characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Peoria , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!