Senior Digital Architect, Cloud Platform
Posted on: May 6, 2020
As a Sr. Digital Architect with our Cat Digital Team this position
will serve as a change sponsor, consultant and company expert in
Digital Technologies where decisions and recommendations are
recognized as authoritative and that have an important impact on
Digital Strategy and business outcomes.
Cat Digital is leading Caterpillar and our industry with the
utilization of data analytics, innovation, digital channels and
techniques to drive profit, create more efficient revenue growth,
unlock new revenue streams and provide more durable competitive
advantages for the business through unexpectedly great experiences
for our customers.
This role will function as the digital platform architect with a
strong Engineering background especially in solutions architecture,
specifically service oriented architecture, and enterprise
applications such as cloud computing and software service
offerings. The role will ensure business requirements are
implemented in a fashion that makes sense architecturally. At this
level, individuals must demonstrate innovation, creativity,
foresight and mature judgment as they anticipate and solve
unprecedented business problems, understand program objectives and
requirements, guide programs and projects, and have accountability
for enterprise architecture.
Key areas of responsibility will include some or all of the
- Create a compelling Digital vision, communicate and influence
customers, dealers, team members, suppliers, business units and
industry experts towards that shared vision
- Own the architecture roadmap and new digital technology
- Proactively evaluate, design and promote new products,
processes, technologies and solutions
- Deliver systems, architectures and plan for evolving legacy
n-tier applications to cloud native architectures
- Responsible for driving cyber-security related policies and
methods in the team
- Drive design thinking and integrate contemporary CX/UX into the
- Responsible for relationship with delivery partners
- Look ahead and strategize for next 3-5 years of digital
- Mentor and develop others
- Hands-on architect who is passionate about technology and
solving important design challenges. This means the individual
should be technology agnostic, know how to code, and be willing to
consider technologies and solutions that are relevant to the
business and its goals.
- A solid understanding and experience of architecture patterns
including ESB, SOA, database, integration, and cloud
- A self-driven, highly- motivated technologist who can work with
a high degree of autonomy and is able to prioritize
- A business- minded person who can work collaboratively and has
proven experience in creating influence across product teams,
delivery and IS to drive technical efforts.
- Someone who is articulate and can effectively communicate with
technical teams, non-technical business leaders, and clients.
Relocation assistance is available.
- Position requires a four year degree from an accredited college
- 3 plus years of experience you have working with Cloud
- 5 plus years performing web application architecture.
- Advanced level of developing and implementing Big Data
Top Candidates Will Also Have:
- Experience in enterprise scaled solutions that deliver real
time and historic data efficiently.
- 3+ years of Cloud PaaS experience.
- 10+ years of Information Technology experience.
- Experience in IoT, business intelligence and analytics
- Experience with one of the following big data technologies:
Amazon Web Services, Azure Cloud, Google cloud, Data Lake, or
- Experience in enterprise solutions delivering availability,
reliability and scalability.
- Experienced as a Technical Application Architect (architecture
modeling, building block design, applications and role design and
systems integration) and has demonstrated experience in leading
requirement discussions and setting vision and roadmaps.
- Experience in hot and cold data path strategies.
- Fluent in continuous delivery, continuous integration and A/B
- Hands-on experience with Agile methodologies.
- Scientific- computing experience (e.g. R, Matlab, Python,
- Demonstrated strong communication skills articulating complex
topics to non-technical audiences.
- Proven leadership, team working, inter-personal and influential
skills beyond the span of control.
- Proven business case development, business process mapping and
- Experience in complex fleet management IoT solutions.
- Experience in managing business change, project management
methods and tools.
- Experience in managing technical partnerships and relationships
with internal and external teams.
- Ensuring compliance with strict SLA requirements around overall
message latency and system Availability
- Creating proof-of-concepts to evaluate potential technology
- Providing technology input and recommendations to the
- Strong understanding of public cloud technologies and best
practices for implementing two or more from the following: massive
real-time event and message processing, data lakes, Big Data
transformations and analytics, complex e-commerce applications, IoT
edge and cloud data processing, SQL and NoSQL data
Keywords: Caterpillar, Peoria , Senior Digital Architect, Cloud Platform, Professions , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!