Electrical Maintenance Technician - Machine Repair II
Company: Martin Engineering
Posted on: April 8, 2021
Celebrating our 77th year, Martin Engineering is a privately
owned global manufacturing company located in Neponset, IL. A
leader in our industry, we believe it is our people who are
responsible for our SUCCESS. Our culture is unique; we want our
employees to arrive to work happy and leave for the day feeling
that same way. We are united, we know we are better together. We
strive to deliver superior service to all of our customers, both
internal and external. If you share our values, please continue
reading to find out what we are looking for in an Electrical
Maintenance Technician-Machine Repair II.
The Electrical Maintenance Technician-Machine Repair II is
responsible for providing an advanced level expertise in responding
to work orders, troubleshooting, and providing preventive
maintenance and repair on the mechanical CNC and all production
equipment to reduce down time. This position will perform a variety
of skilled and semi-skilled work in the maintenance, alteration,
and repair of mechanical, electrical and plumbing systems. This
role assists in maintaining the security of the buildings and
Specific responsibilities include:
- Performs highly diversified duties including, but not limited
to: diagnose and troubleshoot, mechanical, electrical, pneumatic
and hydraulic related systems, CNC machinery and production
equipment; install, repair & maintain all production machines and
equipment; visually inspects, tests and lubricates all machines;
performs hydraulic hose repairs.
- Connects power supply wires to machines and equipment, and
connects cables and wires between machines and equipment, following
manuals, schematic diagrams, and blueprints, using handtools and
- Installs and repairs electrical systems, apparatus, and
electrical and electronic components of industrial machinery and
equipment, following electrical code, manuals, schematic diagrams,
blueprints, and other specifications, using handtools, power tools,
and electrical and electronic test equipment: Installs power supply
wiring and conduit for newly installed machines and equipment, such
as CNC lathes/mills and industrial shop equipment, following
electrical code and blueprints, using handtools and voltage
- Replaces faulty electrical components of machine, such as
relays, switches, and motors, and position sensing devices.
- Diagnoses and repairs or replaces faulty electronic components
such as printed circuit boards.
- Executes detailed preventative maintenance inspections of all
machinery. Maintains repair and parts records as needed, via
computer aided Maintenance tracking software.
- Maintains work area and equipment in a clean and orderly
condition and follows prescribed safety regulations particular to
the working conditions.
- Performs maintenance of buildings and grounds, as assigned;
including snow removal as needed.
- Complies with procedures which comply with OSHA / MSHA
requirements regarding safety issues, use of safety equipment,
material safety data sheets, etc.
- Attends Company and industry-related meetings, as
- Establishes individual goals which are aligned with the
Company's business strategies and objectives.
- Functions as a contributing member of the department's team and
other teams, as assigned.
- Assists the department in the accomplishment of the team's
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education, Experience, & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required. 2-year Technical
Degree or specialized Certification preferred.
- 3-5 years of prior work related experience in electrical
installation, troubleshooting, and maintenance of CNC and
production related machine equipment.
- Experience in industrial electricity is essential, high voltage
- Must have knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in electrical
troubleshooting, hydraulic and pneumatic systems.
- Must have knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in specific
computer software applications.
- .Read, interpret, understand and work from drawings, sketches,
schematics, electronic or verbal instruction
The ideal candidate will be:
- A self-starter who requires little to no supervision.
- Customer focused.
- A problem solver and troubleshooting expert.
- Detail oriented.
Benefits And Perks - Just To Name a Few..............
- Flexible Spending
- Dependent Care Reimbursement
- Company Paid Life Insurance
- Company Paid Short-term & Long-term Disability
- 401k - with less than 30 day enrollment, no vesting schedule, &
generous company match!
- Onsite Medical Clinic free of charge to employees & dependents
enrolled in our healthcare plan.
- Onsite Cafe'
- Onsite Fitness Center
- Generous vacation package
- Tuition reimbursement
- Martin Annual Rewards Program (bonus opportunity)
- Casual dress policy
- And much much more..............
Are you the person we are looking for? If yes, please submit your
resume, and in the meantime, check us out at !
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: Martin Engineering, Peoria , Electrical Maintenance Technician - Machine Repair II, Professions , Peru, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!