Company: Harsco Corporation
Posted on: January 15, 2022
Harsco Environmental is the premier provider of material processing
and environmental services to the global steel and metals
industries. Our onsite mill services and resource recovery services
offer sustainable solutions that maximize environmental benefit and
return valuable raw material into production. We also have
developed a range of by-products for specialized applications
across industry, construction and agriculture, which utilize
Harsco's expertise in mineral materials.
GENERAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
1.Responsible for all general day to day production activities,
bagging , load-out , front end loader operations, hauling material
in trucks, unloading of all rail cars etc. at plant locations.
2.Employee will be completing daily production activities in
warehouse setting, Bagging, Housekeeping, Operation of Front End
Loader - Skid Steer, Loading of Bulk and bagged Freight shipments
both truck and rail. Operate plant equipment and packaging
equipment, Employee will need to have ability to assist with plant
repairs as needed
3.Essential duties include following.
* Load trucks and railcars as per shipping requirements.
* Inspect all trucks and railcars before loading; internally and
externally in compliance with Safety practices.
* Install and record seals in the rail book and on the order pick
slips on all railcars.
* Load vehicles evenly with material to proper weights.
* Keep loading areas clean.
* Fill out railcar/truck checklist.
* Complete track check lists and turn into the office daily so rail
logs can be matched against office records.
* Perform general clean up.
* Keep loadout plant area clean of material and debris making sure
all trash cans are emptied weekly from the office and plant
* Assist other production personnel in cleaning other areas of the
plant when necessary.
* Operate bagging equipment to bag and palletize bag material.
* Perform pre start up checks of equipment and fill out any forms
or inspections associated with the bagging operation.
* Load trucks with bagged material making sure that the product
being loaded matches the material being placed on each truck and
care is taken in placement of all pallets.
* Operate forklift making sure all mobile equipment logs are filled
out daily for each piece of machinery
4. Complete quality testing as required and log all analysis
properly on the respective pick slips
5. Notify the plant operator when the proper materials for bagging
production are needed. If blends are performed make sure the blend
is logged for the duration of the blend and proper Q.C. standards
6. Report potential problems.
* Notify management and office administrator's in a timely manner
of material shortages for daily shipments.
* Notify management of any gradation problems or loading time
* Notify management and maintenance of any unusual noise or
potential mechanical problems.
* Assist maintenance in repairing any mechanical equipment when
* Complete and maintain all related paperwork as directed by
management daily, weekly, monthly and yearly.
8. Other duties may be required to maintain a safe and efficient
operation, as assigned by Management.
Requirements: KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Must be able to pass company physical, drug/alcohol screening.
Prior experience in manufacturing preferred. Forklift and front end
loader certification a plus.
Employee should be able to lift up to 100lbs., twist bend stand for
long durations, hold general computer skills, Mathematical skills
along with basic production skills
Machinery Operations, Forklift Operation, Mechanical
Aptitude/Abilities, Problem Solving Skills
High School or equivalent.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities
"We offer competitive benefits, including health insurance, life
insurance and disability plans, as well as a 401k with company
Harsco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All information will be
kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This job description has been designed to indicate the general
nature and level of work performed by employees within this
classification. It is not intended to contain or be interpreted as
a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and
qualifications required of employees assigned to this
Keywords: Harsco Corporation, Peoria , Plant Operator, Professions , Pekin, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!