Summer Student Maintenance Worker
Company: Capstone on Campus Management LLC
Location: East Peoria
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job DescriptionJob Title: Student Maintenance AssistantReports
To: Maintenance TechLocation: Illinois Central College Student
HousingCompensation: Housing credit applied to your student
account. Work 15 hours per week. FLSA Status: Student Non-Exempt
Company Information:Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM), with
headquarters in Birmingham, Alabama, is a group of student housing
professionals focused exclusively on the management of housing
communities owned by non-profits and/or highly affiliated with a
university. Summary:Under the direct supervision of the Maintenance
Supervisor, the Student Maintenance Assistant is responsible for
assisting in all areas of facility maintenance, renovation, repair,
and cleaning. Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform minor wall repair and painting.
- Respond to all resident maintenance requests within 24 hours as
assigned by Maintenance Supervisor. Requests include but are not
limited to window blind replacement, changing light bulbs, clearing
- Assist with apartment turn.
- Assist with grounds-keeping.
- Sweeps, scrubs, wax, and polishes floor.
- Washes walls, baseboards, ceilings, and woodwork.
- Washes windows, door panels and sills.
- Replenishes common area bathroom supplies.
- Cleans grounds and removes litter.
- Cleans debris from sidewalk, assist with power washing, and
- Maintains all common areas in clean and orderly condition.
- Removes all trash and refuse from the building and exterior
- Assists with preventative maintenance program.
- Other duties as assigned. Qualifications:
- High school diploma.
- Enrollment as a current ICC student in good academic standing
at the time of application and throughout employment term.
- Minimum 2.0 semester and cumulative GPA at the time of
application and throughout the recruitment and employment
- Good standing with ICC at the time of application and
throughout the recruitment and employment period. Past violations
of ICC Policy or the law may result in a candidate being removed
from the selection process. Any individual currently on
"Disciplinary Probation" is not eligible.
- Ability to lift up to 30lbs and navigate up and down
- Demonstrate proficiency in verbal communication.
- Possess strong customer service skills. The work environment
characteristics described here are representative of those an
employee encounters while performing the essential functions of
this job. The work environment is mid-to-high paced. The noise
level is usually moderate.The physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to
stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands
and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to
climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee
is occasionally required to sit. The employee must occasionally lit
and/or move up to 30 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by
this job include close vision and distance vision. Applicants must
be able to pass a pre-employment background check and drug
screening.If you are unable to apply because of incompatible
assistive technology or a disability, please contact
firstname.lastname@example.org. We will make every effort to respond to your
request for assistance as soon as possible.To provide equal
employment opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions
at Capstone On-Campus Management (COCM) will be based on
qualifications and abilities. COCM does not discriminate in
employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color,
religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other
characteristic protected by law.
Keywords: Capstone on Campus Management LLC, Peoria , Summer Student Maintenance Worker, Professions , East Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!