Fire Service Technician
Company: Johnson Controls
Location: East Peoria
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Job Details What you will do -As the leader in the fire protection
and security industry, we've been keeping buildings safe for
decades. But we're always looking for ways to do more. And as we
look to make our systems and technologies even smarter and more
connected, it's vital that we have talented Installation and
Service Technicians on hand to make sure our solutions are always
at their best.This is your opportunity to make a contribution to
the world around you, to add real value to our customers, and to
help us deliver solutions that will have a lasting impact.Our
extensive training program includes on the job training online
courses and instructor led certification courses by
manufacturer.How you will do it
- This skilled position involves troubling shooting and repairing
installed systems. Including panel repair/reprogram, device
replacement/repair, resolving low voltage circuit troubles and
- Organize and effectively utilize technical resources,
information, material, and support to assure efficient execution of
all assigned tasks.
- Candidate must possess excellent written/verbal communication
and outstanding customer service skills.
- Position involves the programming of fire alarm, security, and
access control system panels.
- Experience CCTV and IT and IP networks a plus.
- Complete and submit all required task-related, activity,
productivity, and other documentation in a timely manner.
- CCNA, A+ and Network+ certifications a plus.
- Participate by rotation; On call and after hours work required
on occasion at customer need.
- Complete necessary certification courses on internal and
external products usedWhat we look for -Required
- High school diploma or equivalent required. -
- 3 plus years' experience with fire alarm, access control,
security intrusion, sound and communications systems (preferred not
- Must be able to interpret blueprints, diagrams and
- A good working knowledge of computers is necessary.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions. -
- Capable of performing physical labor to include carrying and
moving equipment and tools up to 50-70 lbs.
- Able to work in unusual and sometimes difficult position such
as climbing ladders, scaffolding and high lift equipment up to 40
feet, working within ducts, crawl spaces, above ceilings, etc
- Ability to work flexible hours including weekends to meet
- Overnight travel may be required. -
- Demonstrate a high level of customer service. -
- Maintain truck inventory to ensure timely response to customer
- Ability to adhere to, implement, and follow safety guidelines
and procedures at all times. -
- Strong organizational skills, positive attitude, and an ability
to learn quickly. -
- Possess a valid driver's license and driving record that meets
company requirements. -
- Retain any licenses that are required by National, State and
Local codes. -Preferred
- Two-year Associates Degree in Electronics; Network; Computer
Science or related field
- Technical training
- NICET II or III
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment
opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected
veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender
identity, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any
other characteristic protected by law. To view more information
about your equal opportunity and non-discrimination rights as a
candidate, visit . If you are an individual with a disability and
you require an accommodation during the application process, please
Keywords: Johnson Controls, Peoria , Fire Service Technician, Professions , East Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!