Quality Control Lab Technician
Company: American Red Cross
Posted on: August 4, 2022
By joining the American Red Cross you will touch millions of
lives every year and experience the greatness of the human spirit
at its best. Are you ready to be part of the world's largest
humanitarian network?**** As a condition of employment with
American Red Cross, you are required to provide proof that you are
fully vaccinated for COVID 19 or qualify for an exemption, except
in states where it is prohibited by law. Accordingly, employment is
conditioned on providing proof of vaccination or having an approved
exemption prior to starting employment **** Join us-Where your
Career is a Force for Good!Job Description:Are you seeking a
full-time opportunity that makes a difference? Are you passionate
about meeting new people? Do you want to have an impact in your
community, across the country, and around the world? If your answer
is "yes", then we invite you to become a Manufacturing Technician
for the American Red Cross! Manufacturing Technician
IIManufacturing Technicians perform manufacturing processes in a
highly regulated environment-from receipt of unprocessed blood,
through maintaining accurate records of finished goods in
preparation to distribute to area hospitals. Successful Technicians
will have a strong attention to detail, a customer-service focus
and the ability to treat both internal and external customers with
compassion at all times. Shift: Tuesday-Saturday, 3rd shift (12:00
AM - 8:30 AM)Training: 1st 2 weeks will be on 1st shift and then
move to 3rd shift to continue training. Pay Rate: $16.00 hourly
rate plus applicable shift differentials ($2.25 per hour for 3rd
shift)The Men and Women Behind Our Mission Responsibilities
- Manufacture, store and distribute blood products/samples
according to applicable FDA, AABB, CLIA, NRC and Red Cross policies
and procedures. Meet the quality and quantity production and
distribution goals established by the department. Prioritize
workload to meet production and customer requirements.
- Operate, maintain and perform quality control checks on
equipment. Ensure adequate inventory of required supplies.
- Perform data entry and operate the computer programs associated
with component production, labeling, storage, and shipping.
- Maintain accurate, legible and complete manufacturing
- Ensure products/samples are suitable for release for
distribution and are managed appropriately.
- Identify and quarantine products/samples that don't meet
quality requirements. Perform disposition of unacceptable
- Analyze and make decisions based on visual inspection and
information provided from other departments to meet time
requirements and quality standards.
- Perform good inventory management practices throughout the
manufacturing and shipping process.
- May perform management of sample tubes.
- Maintain accurate electronic and physical inventory locations
- Participate in training of staff.
- Perform complex manufacturing tasks such as pooled product
manufacturing and freeze, wash or deglycerolization of blood
- Perform review of manufacturing records.
- Remain flexible to work a variable schedule that includes
weekends & holidays to meet the needs of our hospitals.
- Drive for results and to serve others with a high level of
respect for customer service.
- Take care of your team members - show up for every shift and
give 100% while you're there.
- Contribute to a friendly and fun environment.
- Interact in a positive, proactive, and customer-focused manner
with both internal and external customers, demonstrating care and
compassion at all times. The aforementioned responsibilities of the
Quarantine & Labeling Technician describe the general nature and
level of work and are not an exhaustive list. Qualifications
- High School diploma, plus two years' experience in a
regulatory, laboratory, or manufacturing environment, or equivalent
combination of education and experience required.
- All technician jobs require good computer skills, attention to
detail, accurate documentation and good decision-making
- College studies or technical training in science or medical
technology or the equivalent is preferred. Physical requirements
may include standing, stretching, stooping and bending for extended
time periods. The ability to lift, pull, push and move objects of
up to 50 pounds. You may work in walk-in refrigerator/freezers for
periods of time. Apply now! Joining our team will provide you with
the opportunity to make a difference every day. The American Red
Cross is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race,
color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran
status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Interested in Volunteering?Life's emergencies don't stop, and
neither do American Red Cross volunteers, who represent more than
90 percent of our workforce to help prevent and alleviate human
suffering. You can make a difference by volunteering in a position
that appeals to you and allows you to use your unique skills and
talents. The Red Cross relies on generous volunteers who give their
time and talent to help fulfill our lifesaving mission.Visit
redcross.org/volunteertoday to learn more, including our
most-needed volunteer positions.To view the EEOC Summary of Rights,
click here: Summary of Rights
Keywords: American Red Cross, Peoria , Quality Control Lab Technician, Professions , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!