General Laborer/Material Handler
Company: AZZ Inc.
Posted on: September 24, 2022
Subsidiary: AZZ Galvanizing - Peoria General Description: This
position is responsible for, but not limited to, moving material
through the galvanizing system in an orderly and efficient manner.
Education, Certifications, Licenses & Registrations: High school
diploma or equivalent is preferred. Experience: At least three
months of related experience is preferred. Specialized Knowledge
and Skills: Knowledge of hot dip galvanizing, steel fabrication or
other custom metal coating operations is preferred. Knowledge of
raw materials, production process, quality control and costs and
knowledge of hand tools and equipment is preferred. Knowledge of
specific and general safety policies and procedures as it relates
to the plant and the position is preferred. Essential Duties:
- Moves material to and from storage and production areas, loads
docks & delivery vehicles by forklift, hand and other
- Receives written or oral instructions for work assignments,
determines applicable material and equipment needs.
- Attaches identifying tags to material and/or marks them with
- Hangs/takes down racks of material using specific training
- Carries out general housekeeping duties such as sweeping and
picking up discarded material.
- Inspects material for sags, runs, drips and bare areas.
- Cleans material as specified by the customer.
- Confers with leads and/or supervisors to report material
conditions that could result in production or customer
- Assists in proper loading of customer material. Work
Environment: Consists of smoke, irritating particular impurities,
chemical fumes and hot and cold temperatures. Physical Demands:
Majority of the time is spent standing, walking, stooping,
reaching, and bending. Must be capable of lifting up to 50 lbs.
Must have good eye hand coordination. Schedule: Full Time Travel:
Keywords: AZZ Inc., Peoria , General Laborer/Material Handler, Professions , Peoria, Illinois
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!